"Memento Mori" by Vitalina Buhaiova, Chapter 63

Chapter 63

October 7/2022

Dear Deary, 

"I wish they would only take as I am."

Vincent Van Gogh.

   It is very important to be not just understood, but can to be possibility to be yourself.

   I've never been someone who wants to be someone else's copy. Yes, I wouldn't have been able to.

   Being yourself can sometimes be not easy at all, but it's better than being someone else's copy.

   Every person is unique from birth. Your thoughts, your unique appearance (even if you have a twin, you are still completely different and see the world differently), your own life. A life that has no copies. A unique life, because the second one is simply impossible. No one can have a life like yours. Of course, someone may have similar moments in life, but in the aggregate it is impossible. No one can live the same life as yours.

   I understand how hard it is sometimes to be yourself. I truly understand, because more than once I met with condemnation for who I am. I was judged and humiliated simply because I was different from them. They were condemned and humiliated me for my character, for my style of dress, for not natural make-up, for too pale skin against the background of others tanned under the sun, for friendship with some people, for eternal attempts to achieve what others could not even imagine, for dreams, for  the fact that i preferred to sit at home and work on herself and her future, and not give preference to noisy and stupid companies in which, in fact, you just waste your time.

   Your life is unique, so be unique, yourself, just the way you are.