"Memento Mori" by Vitalina Buhaiova, Chapter 49

Chapter 49

August 27/2022

Dear Deary,

"I hate the way you talk to me,
and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car.
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots,
and the way you read my mind.
I have you so much it make me sick;
it even makes me rhyme. I hate it,
I hate the way you're always right.
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you're not around,
and the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I have the way
I don't hate you.
Not even close,
not even a little
bit not even
at all."

Movie: "10 things I hate about you".

   Sometimes we hate even what we can truly love.

   Even hatred for the whole world can turn into love. And even more, the one who once hated can love much more. The truth is the love of a person who experienced and hatred, because he comprehended both of these feelings. Everyone so truly believes that hate is the opposite of love, but that's not always the case. Hatred and love are actually very similar to each other, but only those who really want to see it can see it.

   How many times have we talked about our hatred towards those whom we really would like to love, but it turned out to be on different sides? How many times have we said we hate something to hide our love for it, even from ourselves? How many times have you forced yourself to hate something just because you loved it so much? And how many times has love turned into hate? Even sometimes we are told: "Beware not of the enemy that hates, but of the friend that loves."

   It is generally accepted that people are ready to do anything for the sake of love, but they will also do anything for the sake of hatred. Maybe love and hate are not so different, for those who want to see it? Difference in perception. Darkness is not always bad and light is not always good.