"Memento Mori" by Vitalina Buhaiova, Chapter 68

Chapter 68

October 17/2022

Dear Deary, 

"Perhaps they were right putting love into books. Perhaps it could not live anywhere else."

William Faulkner.

   Sometimes it seems to me that love is really made for books. Nowhere is there and cannot be such love as in books.

   For love a place in creativity and art. For love a place in books, so that everyone who picks up a book can read the lines and feel love.

   I may not be that old, but I have not found love in life better than in books. Love in books is often fictional, but it is real there. In the books she is special, in real life it is hardly possible to find, so love.

   In books, love is always special. It doesn't matter if it's clean or full of dirt and problems. Not depending on whether she is in the magical world or the ordinary, in the past or in the future, but she is always special. Love in books is more real than in real life. And I, like the reader, as well as the writer herself, sometimes marvel at what she can be in books.

   I have loved in my life and more than once, but the love that I read about and even the love that I wrote about, which I myself created, those feelings that I put in the lines of each of my books, this is completely different. In the real world, it's impossible to show the love that you can show in books.