chapter 35

Imani Wynter Solace | Mani
12:22PM

TWO YEARS LATER

✎: It's been two years since I walked out of that hospital room, and it's been two years and some bits since I've last heard, seen or spoken to Saint so instead of being mad about them I decided to start working on myself.

And what I want and not what everyone else in the world wants because it clearly didn't get me anywhere, it left me with a ex best friend and another semi ex best friend cause men ain't shit, friendship or relationship they ain't shit.

I haven't stopped screaming it too, although I did get into a relationship for about six months until my feelings just started to dissipate for him, there were no hard feelings about it cause he's still my friend till this day, I felt like I forced myself into a relationship with anyone because I wanted to forget Elias.

In which I did after a few months, but then Saint just never disappeared and everywhere I went the nigga face would just pop up in my mind, every time I looked at Amir all I saw was Saint and I think that's why I tolerated him for so long.

Until I told myself to stop living in this delusion, I started to go out more, I started to dress up more instead of wearing hoodies and cargo pants, I started to do my hair more, wear makeup, do my nails and love myself as the cherry on top.

I started to go on trips with Kim, and Amir and we met a lot of people on the way but it's hard to keep contact with them cause of the time zones.

We were currently coming back from our last trip where we went to Miami for two weeks and I ain't never had as much fun in my life, cause the people out in Florida stay lit all day everyday. 

"Ugh I can't wait to be in my bed and see my man" Kim repeated for the hundredth time since we got to the airport, speaking of which Kimaya and Hakeem has lasted longer than I expected they both had their faults, Hakeem did some unspeakable things like cheat, cause he claims they were on a break.

And Kim's response to that was to cheat back so the first six months was them going back and forth with each other until Hakeem lost the battle and got his heart broken cause Kim actually broke up with his ass cause they would get angry at each for the littlest thing. 

I feel like them moving in together was the worse thing they coulda done in their relationship.

It would go on from the bickering to them throwing their wrong doings in each other's faces, I got bored of continuously giving that lil girl advice and still not listening to me, so when I stopped interfering they broke up.

And that nigga did not let her go too easily, Kim lasted around three months before they got back together.

"This is you Kim" I told her as we got her street, the Uber driver stopped outside and got out to help Kim with her bags, they got to their door where Hakeem was already waiting on her, the driver walked up to his car before he got ready to drive to my apartment.

⚖︎

Amir helped me with my bags he already brought his bags to his apartment cause he lives two floors below me which gives a view on how we met, he helped me move into my apartment after I struggled to carry one of the boxes.

He gave me his number and I didn't call him the first time cause I wasn't interested until we hung out and been friends ever since.