chapter 13

Imani Wynter Solace | Mani
10:40AM

✎: "Imani just lemme take you out on a date" Elias repeated for the hundredth time this morning.

As soon as I got in school this morning it was like he detected me straight away, he immediately came up to me I hugged him and whatever because of this fake couple front we have to put on for our audience and that's when he asked about the date.

At first I thought he was just playing because why would you wanna go on a date when we're not actually dating, so when he said it, it initially made no sense so I obviously told him no and kept it pushing but that nigga didn't let that "no" slide too easy.

He kept going on about if we're going to be in a couple we need to know about our dislikes, likes, favourites and simple stuff like that, but I had a feeling after this month was over Elias isn't going to want socialise himself with me, so I don't know why he kept wasting his time trying.

Pausing I turned around and thought about the situation for a lil bit before I decided that "I will only go on a date with you unless it's a double date" I negotiated watching him once again internally fight his thoughts.

"A double date with who?"

"Kim and her boyfriend" I revealed to him but in all honesty I don't even know if Kim and Hakeem are really anything but them fucking, but at least after this date they'll know.

I let him think about it for some time even though I knew he weren't bouta turn it down even if it was a double date cause that's just Elias.

"That's cool" he nodded with a tight smile he added "I'll pick you up at 8" and with that he left me in the hallway and I turned in the opposite direction of my class to once go find Kim and her lil self running about the school.

⚖︎

"Girl what do you mean you set us up on a date?" She said in the middle of her sipping her drink.

Sighing I took the drink away from her as she clearly wasn't getting it with the drink distracting her "let's break this down you and Hakeem" I pointed at her and then pointed at myself "Elias and me" and she nodded her head.

"No I get that, I just thought you and you know who was a thing" she shrugged looking a lil disappointed.

"Because I did his hair?"

"Yes because you did his hair" she agreed taking back her drink.

Rolling my eyes I got down to the real meaning of this conversation "what are we about to wear?"

"Didn't he not give you any details?" She asked her face pushing up in a confused expression.

"Nah, he seemed a lil mad that it wasn't gonna be me and him so he only told me he'll pick me up at 8" I replied scanning the cafeteria seeing feeling a pair of eyes stare down my neck I already Elias staring at me, but then I looked around and saw some girl mugging the life outta my soul.

Mugging her back, she rolled her eyes at me and got up to leave the cafeteria, "you see that girl mugging the fuck outta me?" I questioned pointing in the direction that the girl was walking in.

"No who is she?" Kim asked looking behind me.

"Ion know" I shrugged "wouldn't be surprised if she was one of Saint's hoes" I frowned thinking about if this nigga really got crazy ass hoes running around in this school, but I ain't fighting no girl over a nigga.