chapter 14

Imani Wynter Solace | Mani
12:01PM

✎: Pulling up to the speaker of iHop's menu I rolled my window quickly asking this lil girl what she wanted from the menu before we start talking because me with this ADHD my brain will start to become dysfunctional.

"Get me the mega monster burger with the fries and a Sprite" nodding my head I heard the monotoned rambling behind the speaker.

"Hi can I get two mega monster burgers, fries and one orange Fanta and a Sprite?"

"Anything else?"

"That'll be it" I responded scanning the menu wishing I could something off the breakfast menu because them waffles were looking to good. Quickly looking at the total it read $23.48 before I pulled up to the next window.

The girl opened the window and started to hand us our food which is stupid cause I could drive off right now, but I ain't letting my intrusive thoughts win knowing her it's probably her first day.

"Your total will be $23.48" she mumbled pulling out the thirty dollars Kim gave me for "gas" I used it and paid for our food instead, she gave me my change and I made sure we had everything before I drove off to my house.

Parking up in the driveway I got out, Kim following suit as she closed the door I locked it and opened my front door, waiting for Kim inside I told her to go to my room with our food, I went into the kitchen washing my hands before I got myself a glass and filled it up with ice.

Crunching on the ice cubes I put my crocs on and walked up the stairs seeming as no one was home once again I walked into the room seeing Kim feasting on her food.

"You wash those hands?" I asked watching her dip her fries as she nodded her head I watched her skeptically cause this girl can be lying sometimes and I can't have her being unhygienic in this household.

"Lemme smell ya hands" rolling her eyes she poked her hands out and I held her hand in place smelling that antibacterial soap I let go of her hand and changed my clothes because I never sit on my bed with my outside clothes.

There's something in me that just never allows me to do such a thing, looking at Kim I noticed she was wearing something completely different she must've been mad hungry to change that fast.

Getting comfortable on my bed I put the burger and the fries on my lap and began to eat my fries first because there's no way in hell am I leaving it last so it can become hard and dry, cause the only fast food restaurant you could do that is McDonald's.

"How you feeling about the date with Elias?" Kim randomly said after we just was sitting in silence watching this random show she put on.

Giving her a dry answer I shrugged my shoulders thinking about the significance of this date "I don't know how to feel but I don't know why he's asking me out".

"Hm" she hummed "remember what I said about the ex" she pointed out warning my ass that if something happens she bouta hit me with the "I told you so".

Nodding my head I took a bite of my burger ready to demolish this lil meal whilst my mind lingered on the idea about ole girl claiming to Elias's ex.

⚖︎

In this moment in time, it was time for us to get ready I'm not big on dates because every time I go on one I always see the true colours of the nigga so sometimes I just don't try because after I'd noticed your red flags all of a sudden I'm a girl with no personality.