chapter 19

Imani Wynter Solace | Mani
03:35PM

✎: Kim and I were freshened up as soon as I got home I sent Kim straight to the bathroom and went to go find some pyjamas for her to sleep in, I patiently waited for her to come out the shower as she most definitely needed it more than I did.

Thirty minutes she came out in the clothes I had put out for her and then I went in the shower right after her so now we're sitting in the kitchen tryna figure out what to eat for dinner.

"We can make something from the Asian cuisine and bake something in the mean time?"

"Oh I know what we can make we can make those ramen noodles with the spicy rice cakes" she suggested.

"I have the ramen but I don't have any rice cakes".

"We can go to the store and get some as well as some stuff to bake" she added.

"Yeah let's go".
Getting off the kitchen counter I walked towards the door Kim following behind me I pulled up my socks and closed my front door, for the past day my parents and Abel hasn't come home but I've texted them all and not a soul has texted me back.

But I already know they gonna try pull some sneaky shit like they do every year for my birthday as I've gotten older I would've thought they'll stop just like when parents discover their children don't believe in Santa they stop pretending to be him for xmas.

But not in my household they gon keep that stupid act up so I already know they planning a surprise birthday party and it takes everything in me to act surprised every year. They go M.I.A for about three days and come home like nothing even happened, but I'm just praying that for my eighteenth they throw me a Halloween party this year.

As my birthday is about five days before Halloween.

Speeding towards the nearest Walmart it took me about ten minutes to get there especially with hardly any traffic on the street even after school hours. "You decided what we finna bake?"

"Sum simple we can make cookies" she responded and I nodded my head before moving to open my car door I got out seeing my mom's car in the parking lot.

This should be interesting, but it wasn't interesting enough as just as I was walking through one entrance my moms was walking out the exit with a whole bunch of Walmart bags.

I told Kim to wait so I could ask the employee where to find it at and they told me to go to isle fifteen so walking to that isle I had also spotted Hakeem, Saint and some other nigga with them and I just silently prayed that we don't stumble into them.

Cause Kim needs to be away from a nigga just for a day at least.

Turning into the isle I checked the shelves and found the rice cakes picking up the one that looked half decent to me as I wasn't familiar with any of the brands.

"Girl why did Hakeem text me saying he saw us walk passed him?" Kim rhetorically asked "I didn't even see him.." she mumbled to herself making my nightmare become my reality.

Rolling my eyes at this I swapped the bag out for a larger one because the small one had about ten in there and it was only a three dollar difference. "Let's go see him" she said grabbing ahold of my hand.