Loud bangs at my door startle me, but I know it's only the wind and rain.

It startles me once more when the banging continues, followed by yelling.

"Akira! Akira! Open the door!"

Dabi?!

I run to the door and open it, and in runs Dabi.

"Jeez, how long does it take a person to open a damn door?"

"Sorry! I thought it was just the storm making noise. Why are you here?"

He takes a towel from the kitchen and dries his hair off, "To check on you."

"Check on me?"

He makes a face, "The storm? I figured when I lost power so did you. Wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine. So you can go now."

He chuckles, "Ouch. Why the hostility?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Look, Akira, I came over to make sure you were okay. Not to fight."

"I didn't ask you to be here. You think that just because you decided to come over on your own that you're suddenly forgiven? Forget it, Dabi. You should go back home."

I start to walk away but he grabs my hand, "Holy shit, your hands are fucking frozen."

"Yeah, no shit. There's no heat in here."

"Why didn't you light the fire place?"

"I... don't know how."

"Akira–"

"I'll be fine, Dabi. Just go."

He rolls his eyes and walks over to the fireplace, "What are you doing? I told you to go."

"Making sure you don't freeze to death."

"I don't need you to take care of me."

"Dammit, Akira. Just shut up and stop being so stubborn."

"Oh, and now you're gonna tell me to shut up? You know, I really–"

I stop talking once the fire becomes lit, and an annoyed pout spreads across my face.

"You were saying?"

Asshole.

I roll my eyes and walk away from him and the fireplace, but he follows.

"You're welcome, by the way."

"Thanks. Now you can go."

"Can we please just talk?"

"What? Sorry," I keep walking further away from him and towards the kitchen, "I can't hear you. It's too dark in here."

"Seriously? You're acting like a child."

As I rummage through the cabinets, trying to find something to eat, he grabs a packet of noodles from in front of me.