N.E.W. Y.E.A.R. S.P.E.C.I.A.L

(Male Reader!)

I noticed Sasuke never came out of the uchiha compound, even though his brother tried to get me to see him.

Ever since I told him that I was sick with an incurable 'cancer', he's been avoiding me.

"I only have a week left, and I really wanna see him, Itachi."

I spoke, my silent tears falling into my hands that covered my eyes.

I felt 2 hands on my wrists, before my hands were pulled away from my face, before 2 arms wrapped around me, comforting me.

I accepted Itachi's hug, crying into his shoulder.

"Don't worry, I have an idea. Just go to the top of hokage mountain on the last day of next week, which is new years."

He spoke, and I nodded, wondering what his plan could be.
~~~~~~~~
I watched, as the bloodied flowers gently floated down to the bottom of hokage mountain, seemingly in slow motion.

"Y/n?"

I heard a familiar voice question, and I quickly wiped the blood from my mouth, looking up to see sasuke.

"H-Hey sasuke. I- I know you probably don't wanna see me right now, but, I just wanted to see you."

I said quietly, and he sighed, rubbing his neck.

"You make it sound like it's the last time, you dobe."

He said boredly, walking over to sit beside me.

I gulped, looking at my hands, as they gripped the hem of my shirt.

"It- It is the last time, sasuke. It turns out, it was curable, but they found out all too late."

I spoke, and looked over at him, to see his hands balled up in his lap.

"Th-The disease I had was..hanahaki. I was sick, because the person I loved didn't love me back."

I whispered sadly, before violently coughing up a full rose, thorns and stem included.

I separated the rose from the stem, letting it float in the air down the mountain.

I turned to him, to see him staring at me, eyes full of tears, and horror.

"W-Who..?"

He spoke a single word, yet I knew what he meant.

I smiled sadly, feeling my body get weak.

My head fell to the side, but before I fell over, my head fell on Sasuke's shoulder.

"It- It was you, sasuke. I- I loved..you."

I spoke, and through the dark spots in my vision, I saw the colorful fireworks that lit up the starry night sky.

"Heh, the fireworks are..beautiful. Don't you think, sasuke?"

I questioned, and I felt his hand grab ahold of mine, and I felt myself slowly slipping into the darkness.

"Yea..they are pretty. Why don't you go ahead and rest, I'll see you tomorrow."

I faintly heard his muffled voice, and weakly nodded, allowing myself to fall asleep.

"And..I love you too..dobe."

I smiled at his last words, passing away with a smile on his face.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tears ran down both boys faces, as the bloodied rose hit the water, the water cleansed the rose of its blood, allowing it to start fresh, cleansed of all its impurities.

The boy held the body of his dead crush close to his body, resting his head ontop of the corpse, a pile of blue flower petals in front of them, blood running from his mouth, mumbling the words over and over again.

"I love you too."