Chapter 84

Extra 04 - Coming Out (2) & The Secret Of The Tmall Genie

Yuan Shuo had announced it over dinner. At this news, both Yuan elders were shocked. The both of them didn’t understand, “Why would he go and like a boy instead of a girl?”

“You know how this child Jin Jin is indifferent to all except for YunFei. Add to that they’re peers in their youth, it was natural for them to build up feelings with each other.”

Both Yuan elders were at a loss for words, “Look at you speaking up for him.”

Yuan Shuo couldn’t help but reply, “What else was I supposed to do? I have just this one son.”

Father Yuan heard this and smacked his hand against the table, “Then discipline him!”

“Is he someone I can discipline?” Yuan Shuo threw the question back at his father.

Father Yuan: …It was truly impossible…

“Then tell him…”

“Tell him what?” Yuan Shuo interjected and asked, “Tell him that if you want to be with Lu YunFei, then don’t come back to the Yuan family?”

“No,” Father Yuan opposed, “I have just this one grandson!”

“Then tell him what? Tell him that if you don’t break up with Lu YunFei, then forget about our Yuan family’s inheritance?”

“Then who else are you intending to give this to?” Father Yuan said angrily, “If you’re not giving it to your flesh and blood, who else are you giving it to?!”

Yuan Shuo spread out his hands, “So what can I say, I can only say that YunFei is quite a good choice. He’s obedient, sensible, talented, and handsome. Plus, his family has dealings with us. Most importantly, they’ve known each other since his bad times as childhood friends. They’re unlikely to have strife in the future, it’s quite good.”

Father and Mother Yuan: …It did sound quite good. Apart from his gender, Lu YunFei was someone whom you couldn’t find fault with, and paired really well with their grandson, a warm to his cold.

Father and mother Yuan fell silent. Yuan Shuo looked at his parents and thought that this matter was more or less settled. However, right before the matter was closed, Father Yuan gave him a meaningful glance, his tone heavy, “Then if Jin Jin and Xiao Fei are together, will they have children?”

Yuan Shuo, “...…”

Father Yuan snorted angrily and pointed at his son as he said, “If Jin Jin doesn’t want children, then it’s all on you!”

Yuan Shuo could only smile awkwardly and hope fervently that his son wanted children.

Even though Bian JinYuan expected the Yuan family to not be much of an obstacle between himself and Lu YunFei, he hadn’t expected for them to accept it so quickly.

“We’ll have kids,” He said assertively, “Lu YunFei and I will be a family. Since we’re family, we’d definitely have a child.”

Yuan Shuo relaxed at this. Bian JinYuan saw how he virtually deflated with relief, and took the initiative to pour him a cup of tea.

Differing from how Bian JinYuan’s coming out was carried by Yuan Shuo, Lu YunFei’s coming out was entirely on his own.

Father and Mother Lu looked at their son, completely in disbelief of what he had just said. In the end, Lu YunShang was the one who broke the silence as she calmly asked, “Are you serious?”

“I’m serious.”

“With Bian JinYuan?”

“Yes.”