Chapter 83

Extra 03 - Coming Out (1)

Bian JinYuan's internship went smoothly. In fact, it was overly smooth. He possessed a good memory and was good with numbers. The first time he accompanied Yuan Shuo to a meeting, he pointed out a loophole in the contract in private. Yuan Shuo was happily surprised, and insisted on relinquishing his seat to Bian JinYuan, to which Bian JinYuan could only remind him in exasperation, "I haven't even graduated yet."

Yuan Shuo laughed, "It's no problem. Age does not determine competence. The student surpasses the master."

Bian JinYuan ignored him and went to busy himself with other things.

The elderly Grandpa Yuan delighted in seeing that he had finally shown interest in his family business, and wanted to introduce his old friend's granddaughter to him.

"Jing Jing is close to your age. She's pretty and gentle. Do you fancy her?" He handed the photo to Bian JinYuan.

Bian JinYuan took it and placed it face down on the table without even taking a glance, "No."

Grandpa Yuan was slightly worried, "It can't be that you're taking after your father. You don't wish to marry too?"

Bian JinYuan shook his head and stated, "No, I wish to marry."

At this, grandpa Yuan felt relieved, "Good that you wish to marry, good that you wish to marry."

"However you don't have to introduce anyone to me."

"Then you've got to work on it," Grandpa Yuan advised.

Bian JinYuan nodded, "I know."

Thereafter, Grandpa Yuan no longer introduced others to him.

The three individuals from the Yuan family were always careful when interacting with Bian JinYuan, because Bian JinYuan had always been overly cool and indifferent to them, without a hint of happiness at this sudden family reunion, and in fact hadn't seemed to care much about it. They were afraid that if they spoke too harshly, Bian JinYuan would leave without any hesitation.

Even though the two Yuan elders were careful around Bian JinYuan, they were quite excited when they interacted with their son Yuan Shuo, "Jin Jin is no longer young. Make sure to pay attention to the girls who are suitable. Don't let him wind up like you, still alone at your age."

Yuan Shuo felt that romance depended on fate. Moreover, with his son's personality, was it up to himself to determine who was suitable? However, he wanted to get closer to Bian JinYuan, and so he paid attention to those words, and asked Bian JinYuan in private, "What type of girls do you like?"

"You don't have to worry about this," Bian JinYuan said indifferently.

"I could help you to look out for them. Speaking of, your mum and I met in university. Are you interested in any girl in university? You can bring her home for us to meet her."

Bian JinYuan refused to broach this topic with him, so Yuan Shuo could only drop it. However, he quickly thought about Lu YunFei. As his best friend, Lu YunFei would definitely know what type of girls his son liked! Yuan Shuo decisively set a time to meet up with Lu YunFei.

Lu YunFei looked at him as a string of ellipses ran across his heart. What was Bian JinYuan's type? Bian JinYuan liked his type. But could he say that? Of course not. He could only reply, "I don't know either."

Yuan Shuo didn't believe that he wouldn't know, but he didn't take it to heart, thinking that the kids were young and didn't want their parents to interfere, and so he didn't press the issue. Until one night when Bian JinYuan was in year four and he sent him home. As the car entered the neighbourhood, they chanced upon Lu YunFei who was going home after buying something. Bian JinYuan said goodbye to him and alighted the car to walk over to Lu YunFei.