Chapter 53

Chapter 53 - Teacher Bian, Are You Willing to Stand on a Larger Stage?

Li Li placed the materials in her hands on her desk and asked Li YuanQing, “What happened?”

Lu YunFei had also walked over to Li Li’s desk from Xiao Zhan’s desk.

“Teacher Li,” Lu YunFei got to the point, “I thought that the situation with Teacher Zhang falsely accusing me had been settled at the department head’s office. However, Teacher Zhang doesn’t think so. Even though she had apologized, she doesn’t think that she was in the wrong, and likely still resents me to the point where I’ve been made to stand outside class for every English lesson. If this goes on, should I just withdraw from the English subject?”

Li Li never would have thought that things would get to such a point. She looked at Zhang YanRong in disbelief as Zhang YanRong said calmly, “He was talking and affecting the discipline of the class. Was I wrong in telling him to stand outside?”

“I spoke in class?” Lu YunFei laughed coldly, “You were just looking for an excuse to punish me.”

“Teacher Li, it wasn’t just Lu YunFei,” Li YuanQing chipped in, “It was us too, we were all punished by Teacher Zhang.”

“That was because you wanted to stand up for Lu YunFei. Everyone was not paying attention in class.”

“We wanted to, but first you had to teach. If you weren’t teaching then how were we supposed to listen?” He Pan muttered.

Zhang YanRong barked out a short laugh, “That was because everyone didn’t respect the class discipline by speaking and sleeping. How could I be in the mood to teach you.”

Li Li had a headache. She looked at the students in front of her and then at Zhang YanRong.

“Teacher Zhang, you could criticize or punish them if they don’t adhere to the class discipline, but you didn’t have to make them stand outside. It’s the mid-term exams soon. Their grades would be affected by this. This is irresponsible towards the students and the class, you should let them stay in the classroom next time.”

“As expected of Homeroom Teacher Li, you’re so kind to your students. But each teacher has their own way of teaching. You’re a Mathematics teacher, not an English teacher. Don’t involve yourself in how I teach.”

“You can put it that way,” Xiao Zhan smiled as he said, “This is considered corporal punishment, which isn’t allowed by the school. It’s a good thing that this group of students are obedient and didn’t take videos to post online, otherwise you’d likely be interviewed by reporters now.”

Lu YunFei laughed under his breath, thinking that Xiao Zhan is quite an interesting teacher. However, who said that he didn’t take videos. It was just that Zhang YanRong’s fault was solely hers, and shouldn’t involve other teachers at First High. Once the videos were up on the internet, others might jump on this to slander other teachers as well. This wasn’t something that Lu YunFei wanted to happen.

Zhang YanRong heard Xiao Zhan’s words and also scoffed casually, “Teacher Xiao Zhan, are you giving me advice, or are you giving these students ideas?”

“Of course I’m advising you. Teacher Zhang, as a teacher and senior, there’s no need for you to involve yourself in petty things with your juniors. They’ve already understood that they’re in the wrong after being made to stand outside for so many days, and wouldn’t dare to break discipline next time. Just forget it.”

Li Li added on, “Yeah, Teacher Zhang, they already know they’re in the wrong, please forgive them.”

Zhang YanRong heard this and asked, “Oh really? Lu YunFei, do you admit that you’re in the wrong?”