Chapter 60

Chapter 60 - Then, You Can Afford to Be More Spoiled

He looked at Lu YunFei and thought, He probably only took the bus a handful of times. Someone like him was never meant to take the bus.

After staying on the bus for about half an hour, Lu YunFei and Bian JinYuan got off the bus. Bian JinYuan led them along a road and into a small alley when they came to a crossroads. It was the Spring Festival now, and the stalls who would usually be hawking their wares had gone home to celebrate, resulting in a rare peace and quiet.

Lu YunFei followed Bian JinYuan into another fork in the road. The pavement seemed to narrow as they moved forward, and it was littered with discarded food wrappers and small puddles of water. Bian JinYuan lowered his head to indicate that he should watch his step.

Lu YunFei acknowledged with an, “Oh,” and walked beside him uncaringly.

They stopped at a metal door. Bian JinYuan took out his keys to unlock it, pushed the metal door, and revealed a small cement house next to a communal basin.

Lu YunFei looked at the little josie and asked Bian JinYuan, “What’s that?”

“Toilet,” Bian JinYuan replied, “Come here if you need to use the restroom.”

He didn’t make eye contact as he spoke to Lu YunFei, but Lu YunFei didn’t notice, as he nodded his head and said, “Oh, oh,”  in acknowledgement.

Bian JinYuan led him to his house. Along the way, they met another resident in the estate who asked, “Xiao Yuan, is this your friend?”

Bian JinYuan nodded his head.

The other party teased, “He’s also another handsome boy.”

Lu YunFei laughed, “Jiejie you’re pretty too.”

“Hahaha, you’re more interesting than Xiao Yuan. Fruit?” She shook a stainless steel pot containing some apples.

“No thanks,” Lu YunFei with a smile, “I’ve just eaten.”

“I see, then I’ll be off to wash the fruits,” The woman said and walked past them to wash her apples.

The yard wasn’t large. The entire estate held four households. Bian JinYuan’s family rented the largest house apart from the landlord’s house, but it was still smaller than the average home fit for three, not to mention when compared to Lu YunFei’s house.

He opened the door and switched on the light, baring this home to Lu YunFei’s eyes.

Cramped, Sparse, and cheap.

Bian JinYuan turned to look at Lu YunFei. He said, “This is my home.”

Lu YunFei looked at the house and thought, this was the home which he had spent an entire semester in. It was smaller than he had expected, and yet he felt a simultaneous strangeness and familiarity to it.

He looked at the table propped against the wall where Bian Jie made food; he had also seen that set of sofa and coffee table which were completely at odds with each other, where Bian JinYuan would sit to organise his materials. He had seen so much of everything in here, as well as the people living in it, that he was familiar with them, yet felt a certain strangeness to it. What was familiar was what they were at home, but what was unfamiliar was when they had left home.

He blinked and said gently, “It’s smaller than I expected, but it looks warm.”

Bian JinYuan didn’t reply.

Lu YunFei walked inside and sat on the sofa before putting his bag down. He had always wanted to feel this sofa, but he realized after sitting on it that it was a lot softer than he thought it would be.

After I Possessed the Tmall Genie of the School AdonisOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara