Chapter 48

Chapter 48 - I Want Teacher Zhang YanRong to Apologize to Me

Li Li laughed, "Just what are you thinking, are there security cameras in the classrooms? If there are none, then it's all the more that there won't be security cameras in the staff office. Do you students like being surveilled? You don't, and neither do we."

It made sense. "Sigh, alright, let's go. I'll go see just how Teacher Zhang will malign me, and to see if our department head is clever enough to see the truth."

Li Li saw how he seemed to have a pretty good attitude towards this situation and relaxed. She was also a student once, and knew that what students hated and feared most was accusations of cheating. When Teacher Zhang had accused Lu YunFei of cheating after seeing his results and recommended that they nullify his score, she opposed the notion on the spot.

Lu YunFei's English had in fact made a vast improvement, but this was not an indication that he had cheated. Labeling a student as a cheater and allowing them to carry that black mark with them all through high school was too much of a burden, and much too cruel. Li Li didn't support this, and also didn't believe that Li YunFei had really cheated.

The department head's office was on the right side at the end of the corridor. Zhang YanRong was already in the room when Lu YunFei and Li Li entered.

The department head beckoned them to sit.

Li Li closed the door and pulled Lu YunFei with her as they sat down.

"Student Lu YunFei, you've heard the reason from your homeroom teacher as to why you were called to the office?"

"Mmm."

"You made an improvement of 24 marks, going from 74 to 98. Could you explain this?"

"After the previous month's exam, Teacher Li got me to switch desks so that Bian JinYuan was my desk mate in order to improve my English scores. You know Bian JinYuan's English scores as well as I do. After he became my desk mate, in order to help me, he devised numerous plans which covered everything, from vocabulary to essays. It was normal for me to improve."

At this, Zhang YanRong laughed as if in ridicule, but didn't say anything.

"Why did you laugh?" Lu YunFei asked.

"Nothing much, I just thought that if Bian JinYuan were as amazing as you described, then what was he doing as a student, he should be an English teacher instead. 24 marks in a month, I'm afraid there's no teacher in this school who could be that great."

Lu YunFei found this absurd, "What, if you can't do it, then you can't allow for others to do it? If I were to say so, some teachers only possess seniority and don't have the ability, and aren't much better than students who are able to excel in their studies."

"You..."

Lu YunFei smiled, "Did I say something wrong, Teacher Zhang?"

Seeing how the both of them were about to launch into an argument, the department head hit against the table to get them to quiet down.

"So Lu YunFei, the reason why you improved so much and passed this month's exam was because of Bian JinYuan, am I correct?"

"Right."

"Nonsense," Zhang YanRong interjected, "You obviously took a peek at the paper. Do you dare to say that you didn't?"

"I had gone there to look for Teacher Li, and wasn't there to look for you. I did not go over to the area where your desk was, and more so did not know that there was an exam paper on your desk."