Chapter 42

Chapter 42 - I Believe in You

Lu YunFei realized that ever since he got injured, his days had been extremely comfortable. Breakfast, Wen MingYi took care of it; lunch, Li YuanQing’s responsibility; even getting water in between classes or handing in homework was automatically done by Bian JinYuan. They probably would have helped him to go to the restroom if they could!

Lu YunFei had initially felt bad about this and had determinedly said, “You sit, I’ll get water on my own,” But under Bian JinYuan’s skillful words, he gotten him to sit down instead while he stood up to get water.

Li YuanQing mused, “You seem to be having a good time recently, your quality of life hasn’t dropped a whit despite your foot injury.”

Lu YunFei humbly said, “It’s thanks to my friends, I have my parents at home and friends outside, nobody would bully me.”

“But when are you going to remove your cast? Would it be removed before the monthly exam?” Wen MingYi asked as he ate his meal.

“Not before the monthly exam, but soon after it.”

“That’s not bad.”

Speaking of the monthly exam, Lu YunFei couldn’t help but feel worried. The next monthly exam was less than a week away. He didn’t know how he would score for English. What would he do if he failed again?

However he didn’t worry about this for too long because the next day, Lu YunFei received another booklet from Bian JinYuan.

“What’s this?”

“English homework,” Bian JinYuan said, “There are seven essays in it on different topics. Memorize these seven essays before the monthly exam.”

“All of them?” Lu YunFei looked at the booklet in his hands, “I still have the words, phrases, and sentences that you gave me.”

“It’s not difficult,” Bian JinYuan smiled, “You’ll find out once you start memorizing.”

Lu YunFei didn’t believe that at all. Was what Bian JinYuan considered not difficult the same as his version of not difficult? Bian JinYuan didn’t find anything difficult at all okay!

Lu YunFei looked down at the essays in the booklet. He stared and stared, and then noticed something, “The introductions and conclusions for these essays are all exactly the same.”

“Multipurpose sentences,” Bian JinYuan stated, “English essays are different from Language essays in that it doesn’t look at your concept and writing, but at how well you construct your sentences and whether you have a lot of phrases. It doesn’t matter what you write in these sentences, the main point is to circle back to the topic.”

Bian JinYuan pointed at a sentence in the essay before him, “This is that sentence in charge of circling back to the topic. Once you memorize these seven essays, you’ll basically know how to circle back to it, and then all you have to do is to fill in the content in this space. I’m guessing that the topics in one of these seven essays will be in this month’s exams, so just memorize them. You’ll be able to write your essay straightaway if the topic comes up.”

“What about you?” Lu YunFei asked, “Won’t I clash with you?”

Bian JinYuan looked at him and said calmly, “You won’t. I don’t support creating model essays just for the sake of tests.”

“Then you…” Lu YunFei looked at the booklet before him.

Bian JinYuan explained, “But it’s undeniable that it has its uses in quick results.”

He now understood that the top student found that model templates were too boring, but it was precisely model templates that suited an English scum like him.