Chapter 40

Chapter 40 - Vehicle Versus Vehicle, Bian JinYuan’s Win

Bian Jie saw that he was back and asked, "You're back so early? Have you eaten?"

"Not yet."

"That's great, we still have some jianbing leftovers, I'll heat them up for you."

"Okay."

Bian JinYuan seemed to think of something suddenly and walked outside. He looked at the black bicycle which was parked against the wall of his house. Looking at it, he bent at the waist to pinch the seat of the bicycle that he hadn't ridden in a long time.

Bian Jie came out to heat up the food and found him wiping down the bicycle, "Why are you cleaning it? You're planning to ride it again?"

Bian JinYuan gave a, "Mmm," in reply.

The beginning of September had been rainy for almost half the month. Bian Jie had noticed that the weather wasn't good, plus it took around forty minutes to bike to school, and her heart ached for Bian JinYuan. And so she had gotten him to switch to taking public transport instead.

The student transport card benefits of X City are great, allowing for a thirty percent discount. As a result, Bian JinYuan had agreed to take public transport instead of biking. Only now, he had told Lu YunFei that he would pick him up from school. Firstly, he had no car. Secondly, he didn't have money to hire a taxi. It wasn't reasonable to ask Lu YunFei to take public transport while in a cast. After much consideration, he could only depend on the bicycle.

He looked at his bicycle and said, "I'll bike to school starting tomorrow."

"Wouldn't that be tiring?" Bian Jie said as she heated up the food, "You still have your part-time job at night, the sky would be dark by the time you end work at 8 pm. Taking public transport would save you time and energy, just take public transport."

"It's no problem," Bian JinYuan stuck to his decision.

On his way home just now, he had requested for half a month's leave from Liu Mo, scaring Liu Mo to ask, "Are you planning to quit?"

"No, I have some matters to tend to, so I'm unlikely to be able to work for this half a month."

"What matters?"

"Personal matters."

Liu Mo saw that he didn't want to divulge and didn't press the issue, approving his request by saying, "Alright then, remember to come back to work after it's settled."

Bian JinYuan naturally agreed.

He was actually very thankful to Liu Mo. Rather than a boss, Liu Mo felt more like an older sister who took care of the store's employees, especially him, "Thank you," He said to Liu Mo.

Liu Mo was amiable as usual, "You're welcome."

She was older than Bian JinYuan by ten years and saw him as her little brother who needed to be looked out for. They had met on a bus when Bian JinYuan helped her to catch a thief who stole her phone. When they met again, it was when Bian JinYuan had applied for a job at her cake shop. Liu Mo felt that this was probably fate, and so she retained Bian JinYuan at her shop, and even paid him more than other shops.

After Bian JinYuan arrived, the cake shop started raking in sales. There would always be girls sitting in the shop, stealing glances at his face while savouring cake, but that was after the fact.

Bian Jie saw how he had made his decision and didn't try to persuade him. She only advised, "Then be careful on the road, ride slowly and look out for yourself."