Chapter 01

Chapter 01 - It All Started When the Hero Saved the Beauty

Lu YunFei looked at the monthly test ranking on the wall, his eyes locked onto the column for English results. He looked disbelievingly at the black text—74.

74! 74! He had gotten 84 last time, why did he get 74 this time! Lu YunFei almost spat out blood. His gaze slowly raised up, to see Bian JinYuan’s English score. The numbers were printed clearly—148.

Fuck! Is he a cheat?!

148, it was probably the essay portion which deducted the two marks! Is he human? Bian JinYuan is likely a foreigner!

Lu YunFei was so angered that he had a headache. He thought of how he had to burn the midnight oil till lam, tirelessly memorising the vocabulary and readings, only to wind up with 74 marks. Lu YunFei fell into despair. He probably didn’t light up his talent for English when he was born. When everyone agonized over the Sciences, he was the only one who struggled in English, getting defeated in every battle.

Lu YunFei didn’t think that he had high standards for himself. He just wanted to attain a score of 90 marks, not too high, as long as he passed. Otherwise if he were the only student to fail in this express class, it would be so outstanding that it would be like standing naked in the middle of a crowd. Everytime the English teacher looks at him, her eyes are especially complicated.

Lu YunFei sighed. The student next to him patted his shoulder, “Wow YunFei, you got 147 for Mathematics, you’re too awesome.”

Lu YunFei shot him a perfunctory smile. He looked at the scores for his name; rank twenty within his class, rank fifty one within the grade. This ranking is considered to be above average in class. After all, apart from his innate lack of talent in English, he was among the best in every other subject. He was able to rank within the first or second in class for Maths and Sciences. Oh, it’s no longer the first rank. He can only be ranked second now.

At this thought, Lu YunFei unconsciously raised his eyes to peer at Bian JinYuan’s Mathematics score—149.

Fuck! Is this damn guy even human?! 149! Why doesn’t he just go ahead to score 150!

Lu YunFei was filled with anger. During the placement tests, his Maths and Sciences were always lower than Bian JinYuan’s by a few marks. This time he had seriously revised for the exams, and even double checked his answers. In the end he still scored lower than Bian JinYuan!

Lu YunFei felt that he ought to stay away from this ranking board. How is this a ranking table, this is simply an electrocardiograph. The longer he looked at it, the closer his heart rate was going to become a straight line.

Since YunFei was born, then why did JinYuan need to be born too! His English is already ranked first from the bottom, so he had to depend on Maths and Sciences to fight for the first ranks from the top. Yet now, he’s still ranked first from the bottom, but he can no longer claim first rank from the top! He and Bian JinYuan’s five elements are not in harmony, their eight characters are clashing! They should never have been put together in the same class!

Lu YunFei turned around in anger as he planned to return to his seat. Just as he turned around, he realised that Bian JinYuan had been standing behind him. Startled, Lu YunFei stepped backwards, and almost stepped onto the feet of the classmate behind him.

“Shit, Lu YunFei don’t squeeze, I haven’t found out what rank I am yet.”

Who the hell wants to squeeze you, do you know what a reflex is, Lu YunFei spat in his heart.

He pondered over whether he should get out from the crowd, when he saw Bian JinYuan lower his gaze to look at him and stepped aside for him, before lifting his eyes back to the ranking board.