Chapter 21

Chapter 21 - Tmall Genie, Let Me Hear You Call Me Master

Shuang Shuang helped Bian JinYuan to clean up, and then they both sat down on the sofa.

Bian JinYuan asked, “Were you afraid just now? When I spanked Zhao YuPeng.”

Shuang Shuang shook his head, “I wasn’t afraid.”

Bian JinYuan smiled and ruffled his hair, “Don’t worry, gege won’t spank you.”

“Mummy said if I do something wrong, gege can spank me,” Shuang Shuang said softly, “But gege, please don’t spank me too hard.”

Bian JinYuan reached out to hug him and said, "Don't worry, I won’t spank you. Gege can’t bear to spank you.”

Bian Jie and Shuang Shuang were his only family. He felt that he wasn’t even able to give them enough care and attention, let alone spank him.

Shuang Shuang obediently kissed him and said sweetly, “Then Shuang Shuang will be good and never do any wrong. I’ll listen to gege.”

“Mmm.”

Lu YunFei felt very appreciative of this brotherly scene. It was good that Shuang Shuang was a little cutie. If he were as unruly as Zhao YuPeng, then Lu YunFei reckoned that he probably couldn’t handle him.

Bian Jie finished doing laundry and discussed with Bian JinYuan on whether he could take Shuang Shuang to work with him the next day. She had a rostered shift, and the pay was twice the usual rate, so she didn't want to give that opportunity up.

“If you aren’t able to, then could you take a day off? You could also use a break.”

“It’s not a problem, I don’t find it tiring. I’ll take Shuang Shuang to the shop tomorrow.”

“Will your boss agree to this?”

“I’ll ask her, but it should be fine,” Bian JinYuan said.

As expected, Liu Mo immediately agreed, and even made her own request, “Dress your didi up cutely, he could become the shop's mascot.”

Bian JinYuan looked at his didi and thought that he already looked incredibly cute, and that there was no need to dress him up.

Shuang Shuang was tired after a night of tussling with Zhao YuPeng. Bian Jie helped him to wash his face and feet, then accompanied him to turn in.

Bian JinYuan sat alone on the sofa to read for a bit, but not long after he put the book down and sat still.

Lu YunFei saw that he had become pensive, and worried that his lack of care just now was an act for Bian Jie. Now that Bian Jie was gone, he’d torn down his mask and started to wallow in his hurt. As a result of his worry, he intentionally dinged, to check if Bian JinYuan needed him to sing a song to console him.

Bian JinYuan didn’t actually feel hurt. He had gone through so much since he was young and had matured faster than anyone his age as a result. He no longer grappled with a lot of setbacks, and in fact no longer cared about such things. He simply wanted a moment of peace, and to think about his future.

Lu YunFei saw that he was being ignored, and once again dinged to announce his presence.

Bian JinYuan didn’t often play with the Tmall Genie, it was usually Shuang Shuang who did. So he thought that it was constantly dinging because it was still in active mode. He looked at the Tmall Genie nearby, thought for a moment, and then said, “Tmall Genie, play a song.”

Saying this, he remembered how the Tmall Genie had a weird repertoire of songs the last time he got it to play songs, “Do not play ‘Little Crocodile’!” Bian JinYuan emphasized.