Chapter 03

Chapter 03 - I turned into a Tmall Genie?!

After the second class of the afternoon ended, Lu YunFei noticed that Bian JinYuan was called out.

When he came back, he did not go directly to his seat. Instead, he walked across the podium to Lu YunFei’s seating area and said, “Lu YunFei.”

Lu YunFei looked up at him. Guessing that he had come over regarding the changing of seats, he nonetheless intentionally asked, “Yes?”

“Teacher Li said for you and me to become desk mates.”

“Oh,” Lu YunFei responded indifferently, “You agreed?”

“Mmm,” Bian JinYuan said, “Are you moving over, or am I coming over?”

Setting itself apart from other high schools, the high school that Lu YunFei and Bian JinYuan attended, Vi High, constructs its classrooms in a stepped manner. Within each classroom are 28 desks arranged in seven steps of four in a row. Each step is 0.12m higher than the next, in order to ensure that students from the first row all the way to the last row are able to see the blackboard clearly. As such, students do not need to worry about their heights when they switch seats.

Lu YunFei didn’t think that Bian JinYuan would be so agreeable, not only did he agree to Teacher Li’s request on changing desk mates, he’d also volunteer to change over instead. However he wasn’t that shameless as to get Bian JinYuan to change over, “I’ll move instead. Tell your desk mate, let’s switch tomorrow morning.”

“Sure,” Bian JinYuan said, and turned to head back to his seat.

Lu YunFei watched his back and said with a sigh, “He actually agreed, what a shock.”

“So you’re going to leave me?” Li YuanQing acted pitiful, “How saddening.”

Lu YunFei rubbed his dog head, “Don’t worry buddy, my body may be in the Cao camp, but my heart is at home. Wait till my English grades go up, then I’ll return to the land of Shii.”

Buddy Li didn’t believe him, “I just worry that you’ll be so happy you'll forget about Shu.”

“That’s impossible,” Lu YunFei patted his own chest, “Brother, are we the sort to do that? When the time comes, I’ll teach you the tips too, and we can improve together!”

Li YuanQing thought about his English score of 120 and said honestly, “YunFei, you can soar on your own, there’s no need to concern yourself over me. I scored 120, I worry that you won’t be able to bear this weight in your lifetime.”

Lu YunFei suddenly didn’t want to chat with this brother, does he even know how to talk? If he doesn’t, then don’t talk! What’s so great about 120! Sigh, 120 really is pretty great. Lu YunFei thought that if he could get a score of 120, he’d probably be so excited that he’d go down to the field to run two laps. Not even 120, if he could get 90 marks, he’d also run two laps. When was the last time he scored 90? The first semester of year one?

Argh, English is such a headache!

After class ended, Lu YunFei passed on playing basketball with Li YuanQing and Wen MingYi and went straight home. The Lu parents and his elder sister are all busy, so they weren’t home yet. The aunty helper made food just for him, and it was all his favourite food.

Lu YunFei finished his meal and surrendered himself to death. He walked over to the guillotine—his study desk, and took out his English exam paper, painfully looking through the first question.

His English tutor, Tutor Wang, arrived at 7.30pm. Tutor Wang wore a pair of gold-rimmed glasses. With his fair complexion, he looked like someone of mixed descent. This was the reason why he was chosen for this job out of all the other applicants.