Chapter 81- Memory Lane

Y/n's POV:

It's our final full day in London today before we move to Warminster for the night. We're all feeling a little tired today, all the activity catching up with us. I have made the executive decision that we'll just cab it everywhere today. As much as I hate that as it's always so ridiculously expensive to get a cab in London. But at least we won't be tired from all the walking and standing on the tube.

We have a lie in and an easy breakfast to break us into the day, before heading out to the Aquarium. It's Ava's request for the day and we of course agree easily. It's a colder day today, so we're all wrapped up in our big coats to stay warm. I always love seeing Ava in her coat as she looks so cute, especially when you add on the mittens.

"Come on then monkey. Let's go!" Scarlett calls out to Ava as we're waiting by the door for her. "Sorry mama! I wanted to grab my purse." She says smiling as she hands her little dinosaur purse over to Scarlett. "Why do you need your purse bug?" I ask and she turns to me with a smile. "Grandma and grampa gave me some money for Christmas, and I thought I might want something from the aquarium." She explains, opening the door and getting us started on our adventure.

I look too Scarlett with a raised eyebrow and a smile. "Well I guess that means no spoiling her today then!" She jokingly complains. "Maybe she can spoil us instead." I think out loud with a smirk. Scarlett just rolls her eyes at me and jogs ahead to catch up with Ava who was already waiting for the lift.

The taxi is waiting for us at the entrance to the hotel and we slide into the back, and I make sure that Ava is buckled up properly. It's not a long drive at all. In fact, with the traffic, we probably could have walked there faster, but it was nice to be sat in the warmth of the car. The journey took us back along Whitehall and past Big Ben, before driving over the river. I love just driving around London and seeing all the sights.

After fighting through the London traffic, we arrive at the aquarium and Ava jumps out excitedly, ready to see all the fishes. It really seems like we've picked the perfect time to be in London as the places we've visited haven't been that busy.

After getting our tickets, we start on our tour of all the underwater creatures. It starts off with going on a shark walk. "Look mama! There is shark under our feet!" Ava points out excitedly when she sees a shark swimming underneath us as we walk along the glass floor. "Be careful that the glass doesn't break. You're the perfect snack size for a shark." I joke, wrapping my arms around Ava. "Don't be silly mummy! These sharks don't eat people." Ava says with a 'duh' tone, causing Scarlett to laugh. "Then you won't mind if I throw you in later then!" I say with a deadly serious face, and I see Ava freeze and gulp a little. That's until I let out a laugh and she gives me a shove. "You're stupid mummy."

We move through the exhibit and end up looking at eels and my least favourite. Octopuses. They still freak me out and I decide to let Scarlett and Ava share that between them as I look at the fascinating sand eels... Thankfully we don't spend too long in here and are quickly moving onto the Ray Lagoon. Now this, I like.

The stingray look so cute, like they're always smiling, and they glide so gracefully through the water. "It's Mr Ray!" Ava points at the glass as a stingray swims along next to it. "Can you see Nemo?" She asks, looking around the tank. "I don't think he's in this tank bug. Maybe we'll see him later on." I say, her little pout not going unnoticed.

We spend a little longer at the rays, enjoying watching them from both above and from under the water. We then wander through the tunnel with fish surrounding us. I hold back a bit as Scarlet is pointing out fish to Ava. I get a really cute picture with Scarlett bent down next to Ava, who has her arm tightly around her mama's shoulder, her eyes following Scarlett's hand where she is pointing to what she's talking about. Which happens to be a giant turtle making it the perfect picture!