Chapter 23 - We're going to...

Scarlett's POV:

I've been home now for a couple of weeks, and I've been spending as much time as possible with Y/n and Ava. We've tried not to be in each other's pocket too much as we don't want to be that couple. But it's nice doing the normal things with them again. Ava's been off school for the summer, and it's been nice spending time with her. Y/n has been on reduced hours at work which means we've had the opportunity to do things together as a family.

I've got a new project starting in a couple of weeks that I'm really excited for. It's an animated movie and I'm singing in it. The storyline sounds really fun, and I'm really excited to film something that Ava will be able to watch and enjoy.

Knowing that our little bubble is going to pop soon, when Ava is back at school and we're both back working again, now is the perfect time for us to have our first family holiday. I have had this planned for a couple of months now, ever since Y/n confirmed that she had the time off. I had booked everything that we need with the plan to completely spoil my two favourite girls.

I am so excited to be going away today and getting to tell them both where we're going, that I barely slept last night. I'm like a little kid at Christmas. To try and contain some of the energy I've got this morning, I decide to make some breakfast before Y/n and Ava wake up. We don't need to leave until 11 so it'll be nice not having to rush and gives us plenty of time to pack.

As if the smell of breakfast has called them both, Y/n and Ava appear at the doorways to their bedrooms, almost simultaneously. I smile at them both as they groggily walk towards the kitchen counter to where I'm plating up their food. Whilst Ava gets up to the table, Y/n walks around and gives me a quick peck. "Morning angel." She husks, rubbing at her eyes obviously still half asleep. "Morning Bella. I made your favourite." I said, smiling as she sits down with a big grin on her face.

Y/n starts to tuck in before she suddenly stops. "Are you not going to say good morning bug?" Y/n asks Ava who stops with a forkful of bacon just at her mouth. "Morning Scarly." She smiles sweetly and then shoves the food in her mouth. "Thank you!" She says, her words muffled by the food in her mouth. "Ava, don't talk with your mouthful." Y/n lightly scolds.

As time goes by, Y/n and Ava eventually start to wake up and Ava suddenly remembers that we're going away today. "You still haven't told us where we're going on holiday yet." She says, taking her empty plate and collecting mine and Y/n's at the same time. "Good girl bug." Y/n praises as she runs her hand through Ava's hair as she walks by. Gosh she's growing up quick!

Once she has put the plates in the dishwasher, she retakes her seat next to Y/n and they both look at me expectantly. "Ok. So, I thought really hard about where I wanted to take you both and what I thought you'd both like to do." I say, dragging it out a little before I actually reveal it. Ava sits up on her knees on the chair, her hands pressed against the countertop as her excitement grows. "WE'RE GOING TO LEGOLAND!" I shout and both of their faces light up.

Ava quickly jumps down from her chair squealing. She runs at me full speed and launches herself into my arms. "That is amazing! I love Lego! Thank you Scarly." She rushes out and then squeezes me tightly around my neck. "You're welcome my little widow. But loosen the death grip I can't breathe" I joke, and she quickly lets go before kissing me on the nose and running off to her bedroom.

Y/n walks over towards me, her smile from ear to ear. "I've always wanted to go to Legoland." She tells me as she wraps her arms around my waist. "Oh, I know. You're a bigger kid than Ava." I tell her and she laughs. "I'm not going to deny it." She chuckles before leaning down and giving me a sweet kiss. "Thank you. She is going to have the time of her life." She tells me sincerely.