Chapter 54 - Surprise visit

Y/n's POV:

Although I fell asleep pretty easily last night, it didn't last for long. Between nightmares and pain, it was pretty restless. So, I was very relieved when I saw my three favourite people walk through the door. Ava instantly walked over to me and struggled to climb on the bed. I chuckle to myself when Sophie tries to help her up, but she's swatted away as Ava is determined to get up by herself.

She eventually gets up and has a proud smile on her face. "Morning Mummy." She says, instantly brightening up my day. I open up my good arm and she instantly falls into a cuddle with me. I place a kiss on top of her head, and she snuggles into the side of me.

Sophie is next to greet me with a kiss to my forehead and then helps to raise the back of the bed so I can sit up more comfortably. Scarlett is hanging around at the back of the room, almost awkwardly. Whilst Sophie is getting comfortable on one side of me, Scarlett tentatively moves towards me and takes my hand in hers. "Morning Bella." She almost whispers and I smile when I hear my favourite pet name.

I frown when she doesn't give me a hug or a kiss and she's quick to notice. "Everything ok? Are you in pain?" She asks, sitting on the edge of the seat, concern washing over her face. "You didn't say hello properly." I pout and her cheeks flushed. "I guess I didn't know if we were back to being like that again. Yesterday was full of emotion and I didn't really have any control over my actions. But I'm still aware that we're working to being us again." She rambles and I can't help but smile at her cuteness.

I take her hand and give it a squeeze. "I know we've still got some work to do, but we're together again and I miss our kisses. After all, I do have a booboo." I tease, putting on an exaggerated pout. "She's like a child. She won't stop that until you kiss her." Sophie says rolling her eyes at me.

Scarlett just laughs and leans in to give me a kiss, instantly wiping off my pout. I deepen the kiss slightly and fumble to cover Ava's eyes who just giggles from her spot at my side. When we pull apart my eyes are still closed as a smile grows on my face. "Much better." I mutter and Scarlett laughs.

We all spend some time catching up. Ava complains that she has to go back to school on Monday. Scarlett and I agreed that it was best for her to have the whole week off. She's had a stressful week, with getting hurt at the weekend and now this. I'm seriously thinking of taking her to a therapist to talk about what happened in the park. I don't want it to be something that adversely affects her.

After a while Ava sits up and looks at me. "Can I get you breakfast from the cafeteria downstairs?" She asks me with puppy dog eyes. "Hmmm, I would love that! I'm so hungry!" I say and as if to prove a point my stomach rumbles, causing us to laugh. "Come on then Princess, I'll take you." Sophie tells Ava, standing up and holding out her hand. As they're walking towards the door, I call out to Ava who stops and turns to me. "See if you can get any bacon and sausage. Oh, and beans!" I shout as they both are walking through the door shaking their heads.

When the door closes it's just Scarlett and I. "You seem to be feeling better." She observes and I nod. "Seeing you three has really cheered up my morning, and these pain meds seem to finally be doing their job, in more ways than one." I say, very aware that I feel slightly high and it's affecting my actions. 

I try to get comfortable lying back in the bed, but's not not really working. Seeing my struggle, Scarlett stands up and sits me forward whilst she arranges the pillows to give me more comfort whilst stopping any additional pressure on my shoulder. "You look tired though." She states as she's fluffing a pillow. "And you look beautiful." I flirt with a smile, and she gives me her signature side eye. "You didn't sleep well, did you?" She asks and I shake my head. "Nope, but kind of knew that was going to happen. I'm sure it'll be better tonight." I try to reassure her.