Chapter 71 - Blessing

Y/n's POV:

Today is the day that I finally ask Melanie and Karsten if they would give their blessing for me to ask Scarlett to marry me. I am so unbelievably nervous and I'm finding it really hard to hide it from Scarlett. I know that it's going to be hard to get out of the house without Scarlett and Ava, so I think I need to enlist the help of the little widow.

Whilst Scarlett isin the shower, I am sat on the sofa with Ava as we eat our cereal. This is probably going to be my only chance to talk to her alone. "Hey, bug. I need your help with mission proposal. Are you in?" I ask and Ava drops her spoon and turns to me, giving me her full attention. "Yes mummy! I'm the perfect spy for it!" She replies happily. "Ok good. I need to go and talk to Melanie and Karsten to ask it they will let me marry Scarlett." I tell her and she scrunches her face up in confusion.

"But why do they have to be happy. Surely it only matters that Scarly says yes?" She asks confused. "Well, technically I don't have to ask them, but it's kind of the done thing. Scarlett is very close with her parents, and I want to make sure that they will support us if we get married." I try to explain. "So, will you help me?" I ask her and she thinks for a moment. "I think it's silly you do that. But ok." She replies and I laugh at her shared thought.

"Alright. I'm going to make an excuse to go out later. Scarlett is probably going to try and make it a family trip. So, I need you to ask her to stay home with you. You think you can do that?" I explain and she nods confidently. "Easy peasy. She'd do anything I say." I laugh out loud at that comment but know that it's completely true. Not that Ava really has ever used that to her advantage, but I won't say no to that today!

"What are you too laughing at in here?!" Scarlet questions as she walks in, her hair still slightly damp. "I was just making fun of mummy." Ava responds quickly. I'm impressed at her lying skills and how quickly she responded. She is going to be such a handful as a teenager! "Damn, I missed out on that!" Scarlett replies with a frown. "You can join in if you like?" Ava comforts her and my head snaps round to Ava. "Hey! No fair!" I defend and Ava just laughs even more.

"Ah, my goofball is becoming all sensitive." Scarlett teases, taking a seat next to me and squishing my cheeks together. "You know what. You're both mean. Here I was ready to help you design your bedroom, Ava!" I huff, standing up to take my bowl out to the kitchen. I chuckle to myself when I hear little feet running after me. "Wait mummy! I'm sorry!" Ava calls after me.

As soon as she reaches me, I pick her up and throw her over my shoulder. "I guess I can forgive you." I sigh and walk us back into the living room, dropping her onto the sofa next to Scarlett. She instantly pulls Ava into her, jokingly protecting her from me. "Alright then, hit me with you plans." I instruct Ava and it's like I've turned on a tap. She's just starts to ramble on about all of the things she wants in her room. Some far more ambitious than others. "Ok, so that's a lot bug and I'm not sure that we can do all of that." I interrupt as we're now getting onto the impossible. "Let's start with the colour you want." Trying to get something useful from her thought process. She thinks for a moment and then puts her finger up as it comes to her. "Purple please." I look at her surprised. "Not red?" I ask, knowing it's her favourite colour. "No, I love red, but I think purple will look nice." She replies and I nod, writing it down.

We got through a few more ideas and I come up with a doable list. "Ok, well some of this I can get done whilst we're here, but the rest will have to wait until next time. We can definitely get some of the furniture and paint as I can get that done before we go back to LA." I explain and Ava nods excitedly. "I love how handy you are around the house." Scarlett shares and I can't help but smile. I really enjoy doing stuff like this for people. Seeing their reactions is always the best.