Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

"What the hell?" I yelled as I tried to pull myself away from her inhumane grip. "Let go!"

"So if I broke her hands, you wouldn't care?"

What the actual fuck?

I thought the Alpha was a psycho but she seems even more unhinged than he was. Maybe insanity runs in their family?

"No."

The short answer had my mind and body on high alert. Alongside the concern for my safety and wellbeing, I was also perplexed. The Alpha didn't want Teresa to hurt me earlier after she had found out that I had allegedly killed her brother but now he was going to allow her to break my hands?

"Really?" Teresa began tightening her crushing grip on my hands.

"Stop, what the hell is wrong with you? Stop it!" I screamed, trying my best to stop and relive the crushing pain I was feeling.

Teresa dropped my hands and I sighed in relief. Looking down, I could see how red my hands were and I wiggled my fingers to see if they were still functioning and thankfully they were.

My relief was short-lived when a sudden force grabbed my neck and began squeezing. Gasping for breath, I watched as Teresa lifted my body slightly off the ground. My nails dug into her hand that was restricting my air flow as panic flooded my body.

"What if I killed her?"

I expected her to start squeezing harder as soon as she uttered those words but she kept her hand wrapped around my neck tightly but not too tight where I would lose unconsciousness soon. Don't get me wrong, I was struggling to breathe but I didn't think she would actually follow through with her words.

"Teresa, stop acting like a child and put her down." Alpha Alessandro sounded more annoyed than pissed.

Now is not the time to insult her!

"I thought you didn't care?" Her hands tightened around my neck slightly. "Humans are fragile, they break easily."

"She's my captive, I decide what happens to her. Now put her down."

"Tell me the truth first." Teresa adjusted her grip on me again and this time I was actually struggling to breathe.

Since my assault on her hand was doing nothing I began to swing my legs around, trying to kick her as hard as I could. My energy was slowly depleting and my kicks and scratches had no effect on her.

Just as I was losing both hope and consciousness, Teresa released her hold on me causing me to crash down hardly onto the ground. My beaten hands caressed my throat as I coughed and greedily inhaled the air around me.

"Tell me Alessandro." Teresa's voice was soft. "You can trust me."

"Human." Alpha Alessandro growled.

Still gasping for air, I looked up at the Alpha who was looking down at me. He looked extremely angry and I found myself shrinking away from him.

"Leave."

You don't need to tell me twice!

Scrambling to get up, I have crawled to the door fully aware that I looked extremely pathetic and weak at that moment but not giving a shit. Once I was out of the room and had closed the door behind me, I leaned against it and closed my eyes.

Taking a minute to recuperate I slowly got up from the floor using the door and wall to help and began to walk back to my room. I was never going to leave the room again, I couldn't deal with another attack like that.

It took me a little longer than usual to get to my room as my body was still shaking and once I got there, I flopped down onto the bed and closed my eyes.

Tears began to leak from my closed eyelids, I felt mentally and physically drained and constantly on edge. I couldn't relax, I couldn't sleep, I was always waiting for the next thing to happen and it was slowly draining my soul. I wanted it to stop. I wanted everything to stop.

I had no idea how long I laid there for, immobilised with tears streaming down my face but after a while I got into a sitting position and leaned against the headboard. Though the physical events of today was slowly fading away, the pain in my body was no longer prominent, the mental side of things began to creep.

Shaking my head, I forced myself not to think about what had almost happened with me and the Alpha and also what Teresa and the Alpha could have been talking about and pulled my phone out from my pocket.

Staring at my phone in front of me, I was surprised to see that it was on and still had charge. I cleared my throat a few times, wincing as I did, and began to say random words out loud. Once I was satisfied that my voice didn't sound too croaky or different, I unlocked my phone and was about to call Cami when there was a knock on the door.

Thinking it was the Alpha wanting my phone back I shoved my phone into the pillowcase and headed over to the door. I stopped briefly at the door and wiped my wet face with the sleeve of my top. I didn't want the Alpha to know I had cried, I couldn't let him see any weaknesses from me.

My mouth dropped when I saw who was on the other side of the door, it wasn't the Alpha like I had expected, it was Teresa.

What if she came back to finish me off? Should I slam the door? Should I run to the bathroom and lock myself in there?

Teresa raised her hands, that had abused me earlier, up in a mock surrender. "I'm not going to hurt you."

I would be extremely stupid if I believed her.

Disbelief must have been etched on my face because she let out a little laugh and actually looked apologetic. "I promise, I won't hurt you again. Can I come in?"

No you bloody well cannot!

I took a step back and allowed her into the room, it wasn't like I had a choice anyway as she could force her way in if she wanted to.

"I want to apologise for earlier." Teresa began to say catching me completely off guard. "I had to make sure."

Blinking several times, I tired to make sense of her words. She was apologising? To me? What she did was bang out of order but I could understand it. Not what they were talking about earlier but I could understand her anger towards me. It was completely justified.

I didn't respond and the smile slipped off Teresa's face. "I want you to know that I will not hurt you again and I will make sure no one does either."

Huh?

I was completely and utterly dumfounded with what she had just said and was starting to think it over when she spoke again.

"Families protect each other."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter

What do you make of Teresa? What about Alpha Alessandro? 

Let me know what you think is going to happen next

I will upload again in a few days but you can read ahead on www.patreon.com/kayy_b

Thank you for reading :)

-Kayy xx