Chapter 67 - Prospect of War

Začít od začátku

"It doesn't matter what I show you." Alice snarled out to Aro, pulling her arm away from him. "You've already made up your mind!" She turned to us, I saw her nod to me before looking at Bella and mouth 'Now.' I turned quickly, looking at Jacob with worry.

"Take care of my daughter." Bella whispered to Jacob. I was in front of him in that second, kissing his nose.

"Stay safe. I'll be with you soon." I reassured him. He nodded and turned to take off. "Hold on, sweetie!" I warned Renesmee. I watched as Jacob ran off with my niece on his back, many shocked as he ran through our group and in the opposite direction of the incoming battle. I kept staring, wanting to see Jacob make it through the trees, when I heard many gasp. Turning my neck to look, I saw Aro flying through the sky, Alice's foot coming down from the air after the roundhouse kick she delivered. He managed to land, and soon, his goons had Alice in their hold.

"Alice!" I shouted.

"Take her away." Aro spoke calmly, eyeing our group now despite Alice's struggles. I growled.

"No!" I was very much ready to run after her, teleport to her if I had to, but was stopped by the usually placid Carlisle.

"Let her go!" he shouted, running towards his adoptive daughter. Some tried to stop him, but he was too skilled for him. Despite his kind nature, he was a skilled fighter and I worried very little for his wellbeing, despite not having any added offensive abilities. However, my confidence in him lessened, my worry spiking up, as I saw Aro jump up to meet him mid air. That pain in my head had me gritting my teeth.

"No!" I shouted with all my might. The sickening crunch was heard, Aro sported Carlisle's severed head like a trophy. There was no stopping us at this point. We all ran forward, ready to fight for Carlisle now. I heard Sam commanding his wolves to wait, but my kind had no hesitation. We quickly ran into the frenzy, the other side doing the same. That hadn't lasted long, Sam giving the go ahead when the other group began to advance. I didn't wait. I teleported behind the group. I saw Gen do the same.

'Violet!' I heard in my head. It was Jacob. I prayed he was out of sight, but knew he had front row seats with his pack here, sharing what they saw. Some came for me, my mark steady on Aro. I quickly dodged the one in front of me, Gen at the ready as he tore his head clean off. Using Benjamin's ability, I quickly lit him on fire.

I turned, looking for either Alice to free her or Aro, to free him of his head. Instead, I saw that I now had a clear view of the frenzy before me. The fighting, wolves against vampires, vampires against vampires. Us versus them. I winced, tears gathering in my eyes as they burned. Before I knew it, I was witnessing the vision I just saw, one of the young wolves would have their spines broken, and soon their neck. My heart broke for them before I heard Bella grunt in pain and my mind was on her. Even that did not last as I felt Jasper's pain.

"Go!" I heard Geneveve shout to me, as she danced around another enemy vampire. I was ready to turn and teleport to Jasper when I was tackled down.

"Ah, ah ah!" tsked the newcomer in my ear as I squirmed. "I was promised you, pretty lady." I growled, recognizing the voice. I teleported us, him by default as he clung to me. I knew how horrible it felt to first transport and rejoiced when I felt his hold on me slacken. I spun around and opened wide. Using Vance's ability, I gave out a shout, tossing him and a few others back.

"Nooo!" I felt my legs shake, Jasper's thoughts torn from mine as someone tore off his head. I turned to where Alice's voice came from, her crys and actions wild as she tried to get to him.

"Ahhhhhh!" I gave a lout shout, blowing back more people, friend and foe. I teleported to Alice as she managed to fight the two holding her back. I helped her remove their heads, freeing her. I turned to the left, spotting little Brady struggling. I ran to him, ramming into the one that had managed to get ahold of him. I reared back my fist and released, hitting him straight in the head, sending it flying back without it's body.