♡ ᴄʜᴏᴄᴏʟᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴᴅɪᴇꜱ || ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

A sharp and loud knock at the front door fills the empty house with the alert of an incoming guest. Your ears perk as the sound reaches your ears and you instantly recognise it as a cue for Thirteen's arrival, forcing you to leap to your feet with a neatly prepared gift basket of baked goods and sweets in hand.

Many weeks prior today, the reaper had a strong craving for Luke's signature desserts. So much so that she even crafted a list of the treats she desired and specifically requested for the little angel to bake each and every single one of them.

Of course, her instructions weren't as strict and demanding as one would think, but she heavily implied that what she had on that list was final. No negotiating or arguing whatsoever. However, Thirteen was more lenient with the day of delivery, giving over a month for everything to be ready.

Luke couldn't possibly have handled everything on his own, so you offered your time to lend a hand whenever you could. Simeon also made good help in the kitchen every now and then, but you and Luke will have to take credit for most of the efforts put into the desserts.

Approaching the entrance - where Thirteen still remains pounding on the other end - you ensure that the package you have for her all remains intact. The card, the ribbons, the desserts themselves, this might just be the prettiest present you've ever given to someone.

You swing the door open and meet face to face with the impatient reaper. Her foot taps in a rhythmic beat. "I've been knocking forever, where were you?"

"Ok, nice to see you too," you reply as you step aside to let her in. "I was just grabbing the last of everything, I didn't realise it'd take that long."

"Relax, (MC)," her irritated tone disappears and a slightly more cheerful one replaces it. "I was only pulling your leg. Now- Hey, where's the kid? He's supposed to be here for me to thank him," she scans the area around you as she notices Luke's absence, arms crossed with disappointment.

You close the door behind her and lead her deeper into the house as you stroll ahead into the living room. "Sorry, Luke wanted to come, but some last second plans came up. He's busy with Simeon and Solomon right now. You'll have to thank him some other time, or you could give him a call now. Either way works."

"No," she shakes her head. "I want it to be proper. I mean, the poor little guy went over and above to get this done. Same with you. I owe you both big time."

You drop the gift basket by her feet, "It wasn't that much trouble, and I'm sure Luke wouldn't mind just a call either. He'd appreciate any form of thanks."

Thirteen contemplates the idea of leaving just a text or voicemail to show her gratitude, but she scraps it within a second once she stares at all the desserts made for her. "I can't do that," she sighs. "Oh! But you know what I could do? I'll make him his own gift basket! With cookies, cakes, chocolates and candies. Whatever there is that's easy."

Her sheer determination strangely motivates you to hear more, her plan peaking your interests. You take a seat on the closest couch and lean forward, "Ok. That's actually something thoughtful. Yeah, that would work as a gift," you slowly nod in agreement. "I could show you some of Luke's recipes too, so you can learn a thing or two and make yourself some in the future. How does that sound?"

The reaper claps her hands together as your proposal excites her. "Great! You sure know how to make yourself useful every single time someone needs you, (MC). No wonder you're my favourite human around."

Her praise sends a flood of butterflies through your heart and you grow flustered. "You know me. I've dealt with the brothers, and now I can deal with anything," you add on bashfully while she laughs.