♡ ᴀ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ || ꜱᴀᴛᴀɴ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

ok, first thing, i apologise for how late this is. so late that i don't even remember when the request was made... 

next, i want to say that this request was made in a unique way, with one of the many obey me playlists and comments out there on youtube, so the song and prompt was already picked out nicely.

thanks to the person who requested, there were a ton of options to work with and not gonna lie, i had fun reading through all the other prompts that paired with the music. might use some in the future :D

one more thing to add - pronouns for MC are they/them

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Chatter and laughs fill the ballroom of the Demon Lord's Castle as bright and regal lights reflect off the crystal chandelier hanging above the crowd of people gathered underneath. Formal suits and fancy gowns alike flood the room with all the colours you can possibly think of, and the sweet sound of the orchestra drowns out the remaining silence.

The Devildom Ball isn't an official event recognised by every citizen in the realm, rather a fun little party that Diavolo enjoys throwing occasionally when he feels the kingdom hasn't had a celebration in a while. Invitations to the ball normally arrive a week before it occurs, and the lucky guests to come are always chosen through random selection.

Since an invite isn't always guaranteed, a majority of the people try to make the most of the night by partaking in the elegant dances and dressing in expensive outfits. You, on the other hand, treat this event like any other day, only fancier, since exchange students and the demon brothers have the privilege of being permanently invited.

Standing on the sidelines with the Avatars of Wrath and Lust, the three of you linger far from the conglomerate of guests and host a little contest between friends instead of mingling like everyone else, competing to find the worst outfit put together.

Asmo is the first to find his candidate of the night, "That. That dress over there looks hideous. Red, yellow and purple? Those colours just don't work! And what's with the sleeves?!"

"That's the worst you've seen? There's a suit over there that's covered in stripes. They might as well be pyjamas," Satan frowns at what he sees. "How about you, (MC)? Have you found anything unsightly?"

You glance around the room and mentally make a list of the few disappointing outfits you see, but none of them compete with the one Satan had pointed out. It's the only suit that sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest.

"None as bad as the one you saw. Sorry, Asmo, but I'd rather wear the dress than that suit," you lean towards who you think the winner is. "Still, it's a close second."

"Aw, you mean I lost?" the fifth born pouts. "Oh, well, I'm feeling a little thirsty. If our game's over then I'm going to go and get some Demonus. Solomon's over there and he looks like he could use a little company~," he sings before making a trip to one of the many organised pyramids of champagne glasses around the ballroom.