♡ ᴀ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍʏ ɴɪɢʜᴛ || ᴍᴀᴍᴍᴏɴ ♡

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Tonight's weather couldn't be more perfect in setting the tone for your plans for the night. That's your opinion at least. Mammon makes it clear that a thunderstorm isn't what he'd consider ideal for the events up ahead.

Lights in the living room are all turned off and only the blaring glow from the television screen in front of you, paired with the occasional flash of lightning, keep it from being completely dark. A thundering boom makes its entrance soon after the lightning strikes and along with the pouring rain outside, you can barely hear what's happening in the movie that's playing in front of you.

You reach for the remote and turn up the volume till the voices and sounds in the TV become audible. The Avatar of Greed watches your thumb press the button continuously with an uncomfortable look on his face, swallowing his fear as he lifts his feet from the floor and sits cross-legged on the couch.

You notice his unnerved behaviour and stop. "Oh, Mammon. I'm sorry, I should've asked you first. Do you want me to turn it down a bit?"

Mammon scoffs, "I mean, if you're scared then sure, turn it down. It doesn't bother me though! Do whatever ya want, (MC)."

He keeps up the tough act in an attempt to deceive you and hide his timidness, but you know him well enough to see through that façade. You snicker and lay your head on his shoulder as you turn it down by a notch, letting the rain slightly drown out the noise.

You were excited to see the new horror film that was recently released, but you were busy during the day of its last screening so you missed out on the opportunity to watch it in the movie theatres. Of course, you expressed your disappointment to Mammon, venting to him about how badly you wanted to see the movie. He must've been listening to your pestering complaints as he bought it for you as soon as it was released in CD form.

You couldn't thank him enough for the gift and funnily enough, he was the one who suggested for you two to spend the night together to watch it as 'repayment'. Known for hating the horror genre in general, you were surprised that he even proposed the idea, but you didn't turn it down.

Now that you're in the moment, you can tell he's regretting the fact that he ever made the suggestion as he cowers and hides his eyes behind his hands, sneaking a peek every now and then to keep up with the movie.

"You're sure you don't want to watch anything else? I can always watch this alone another time, we don't have to see it now," you pause the film. "Let's pick something you want, ok?" you hand the remote to him.

Stubborn, he shakes his head and uncovers his eyes. "Like I'm gonna let ya watch this alone. You could get nightmares, (MC)! We're not switchin' movies."

Not budging at all, Mammon stays put and insists that you two continue with your plans. It's strange to see him remain so persistent when you're giving him a free ticket out of this but you don't want to argue with him, especially after his kind gesture of buying the CD for you in the first place.

"Ok then, but if you feel like this is too much for you at any point then just tell me. Alright?" you double check with him. When he reassures you once more that he'll be ok, you allow the rest of the night proceed as arranged and the movie resumes to play at the press of a button.

Enough time passes without any interruptions and soon, tensions rise and jump scares occur more frequently as the film progresses. Though that type of stuff would normally keep you hooked and grab all your attention, you can't manage to remain fixated on any of that this time. Instead, you can only really focus on the demon beside you, who gradually inches towards you as his eyes are stuck on the screen in complete fear.