♡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴘᴀᴄᴛꜱ || ꜱᴏʟᴏᴍᴏɴ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

i want to thank whoever requested this because it was kinda exciting to write about a demon MC for the first time. i've never written anything like this before so i do want to apologise in advance if this didn't turn out as you expected.

it's also the first time i've been given free control over the plot of the story so i really hope i didn't disappoint.

one more thing to add, this has been requested to be a male reader so i'll be using he/him pronouns for MC.

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

"(MC), I believe you should reconsider. I assure you that being in ties with me doesn't bode for bad omens," Solomon continues to give chase and pester while your back faces him and your legs try to carry you away as fast as possible.

For someone of his position - a high and mighty magician of sorts - it does seem rather far fetched that he'd go to these lengths just to form a pact with someone of your status. Though you are closely associated with the seven notorious demon brothers, you're a demon who's rank barely even meets their level.

Not to mention, he already has another 72 demons under his control. What difference would it make if another joined the list? Why would Solomon want a pact with you? The logic and reasoning behind his intentions aren't clear and you find it far too suspicious to agree so easily.

"Solomon, you can beg all day if you want but I'm not going to change my mind," you slowly begin to distance yourself from the desperate sorcerer as your patience thins. "I'm sure you can find other demons to hire. You've got the entire Devildom population to look through, you're bound to find someone."

Your sheer feistiness and stubborn heart puts forward a challenge for Solomon. Though any amount of struggle would usually set someone off, he persists and dismisses the hostility that you show by simply treating it as a small gag.

"I want you for a reason, (MC)," he smiles, hoping the gesture will give him an edge. "You're capable of a lot, I know it. I can see it. With your skills and mine combined, we could achieve many things. We can learn from one another," he gives a needy speech to persuade you.

Having heard enough, you halt to an abrupt stop and swing your body around. "Listen, I'm flattered you want a pact, but I doubt we can learn from each other like you think. To add on to that, I think you're overestimating me a little there, wizard. I'm not as powerful as you think, and I'd hate to be outshined by a human."

Now that you're no longer fleeing from him, he finally has your attention. Solomon takes your hand into his and softly strokes his thumb over your knuckles, "Don't be too harsh on yourself. You have your strengths and I have my limitations. If you're still not convinced then how about I demonstrate what I know, and maybe you'll show me your own skills."

You open your mouth to pose a rebuttal, but pause after you weigh out the pros and cons in your head. Eventually, you figure that it wouldn't hurt to see what you might potentially be linked to if you do make a pact, so the decision becomes easy.

"Fine, you've got me interested," you give in. "But after our little talent show, what I choose - pact or no - will be the final say. Is that clear?" you retract your hand out of his grip.

The sorcerer nods, understanding the conditions that you've set and happily willing to oblige even if the outcome doesn't go his way. "Perfect," he grins. "Now all that's left to settle is where we'd like to continue with this arrangement."

Synchronisation hits the two of you and together, your heads turn towards the old and dark forest located not too far from where you stand. Isolated and usually uninhabited by nothing but the occasional wandering wildlife, it'd be the perfect place to hide away and let whatever power you have break loose.