♡ ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟᴅ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ♡

📌 || BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING:

a request that's involving diavolo, lucifer and beel. also, MC has social anxiety and is also quite shy as they're insecure about their prosthetic arm, which the three have yet to know about. speaking of MC, i don't think any pronouns were specified (if there were, i'm sorry) so i'll just use they/them.

a shy MC is so relatable, but with a prosthetic arm? this gets exciting. thank you to whoever requested!

i'd also like to apologise for the quality of this one shot and the rushed ending. exams are currently a problem for me and i can feel my braincells dying slowly.

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

A huge crowd has always made you uncomfortable, but a big and extravagant party like this in an even bigger ballroom takes you to a whole new level of nauseousness.

You're not entirely sure what occasion prompted Diavolo to host this whimsical party tonight but you chose to attend anyway. It would've been rude of you to decline his invite, especially since he seemed so excited about the idea of you coming. The prince had also promised that it wouldn't be as bad as you think, so you obliged.

However, now that you're actually here, you begin to suspect that he only said those comforting words to encourage your arrival.

Guests all wearing formal and luxurious outfits while holding small glasses of Demonus suffocate you in their overwhelming elegance, and your heart begins to beat even faster. So fast that it almost jumps right out your chest. You showed up to the castle with the seven demon brothers, but all of you had parted ways earlier and now none of them are in sight.

Nervous, you tug on your sleeve and begin to push past the crowd, tossing an abundance of apologies to the various people as you do. All the while escaping the sea of people, you're careful with your sleeve and make sure to have it cover your arm the entire way through. Your prosthetic arm.

You've always worn clothing with long sleeves - even during summer - just to hide it from others. Though Solomon and Barbatos are aware of it, the demon prince along with everyone else in Purgatory Hall and the House of Lamentations still have yet to find out, and you don't want a bunch of strangers to find out before them.

You stand tall and scan the rest of the crowd in search of an exit. Struggling to find a route, you continue to squeeze through the gaps until you're able to pull yourself out of the group. Inhaling a breath of relief, you quickly make haste to find anyone you're familiar with.

"Diavolo?" you call out while looking for anyone tall with red hair. A few faces turn your way as you cry out, but none of them the crown prince.

A sudden tap on your shoulder spooks you and you whip around in a flash to see who's trying to win your attention. To your luck, Diavolo had managed to hear your desperate calls for him and here you are finding him smiling down at you.

"You called for me, (MC)?" he confirms.

You inch in and stand closer to the prince, feeling more reassured and relaxed around someone you can be more open with. "Yeah, sorry. I'm just not used to being around so many people I don't know. Can I stay by you just until I find anybody else I know?"

Diavolo bursts into chuckles. "That's more than fine with me. I wouldn't mind if you spend the rest of tonight with me, actually. I'm feeling a little peckish so let's go grab something to eat, shall we?" he extends a hand to you, which you happily take with what you consider your more 'fitting' arm.

The prince guides you to the long table filled with exquisite Devildom delicacies as he continues to ramble about how hungry he's gotten after greeting all his guests. His growling stomach proves as further evidence. As you get to the food, you're not surprised to also find the Avatar of Gluttony standing by with his own plate stacked high.