Chapter 20

Celestia The Witch up top^^

Rory POV

Watching Nevis pass out again as her words keep playing on repeat in my head, has me feeling some type of way.

"She called us monsters." My dominant speaks in such a sad tone, I can tell her words has greatly affected him.

"She didn't mean it." I assure him because I know she's having a hard time understanding everything that's happening around her.

"She needs us, go to her."

"Not now, she is already afraid of us because you couldn't hold back."

"I just wanted to protect her."

"I know buddy but we still don't know what all she's been through. All we know is how we found her strapped to that fucking cross and beaten within an inch of her life. How she was unconscious for days and screaming and crying in her sleep constantly. Only she knows the torture she endured and she will tell us when she's ready."

"That's why we must protect her and find that mutherfucker who hurt our beloved."

"I can't wait to rip his throat out for touching what's  ours too but for now we must be patient."

After placing her back upstairs I head back to the office where everyone is still waiting.

Bewildered, Everett asks, "Rory, what the hell just happened?"

"That's what I would like to know also?" Angus piggybacking off Everetts words.

"Where's the witch you were supposed to find Ang?" I ask because some kind of way we need more answers.

"She will arrive at the castle in two days."

"Why so long?" Ethan asks.

"You'll find that she is not someone you can just summon and expect her to drop everything to come running. Trust me...if she says she will be here...then know that she will." Angus explains to Ethan.

"In the meantime are we not going to address the fact that Councilmen Lee is the man she recognized in the photo?" Samuel states as he is never one to waver from the task at hand.

"You don't think his s.."

"Is dead...and let's leave him that way." I interrupt with a heated gaze and signs of my dominant surfacing.

"Then who do you think Mathew is, if he's working with Ermir?" Samuel questions as he rubs his chin. "And is he working alone or are there other members of the council helping him."

"That's why we need the witch...I'm tired of playing these guessing games. Sam I need you to put someone on the councilman. I wanna know every move he makes. All the way down to when he brushes his got damn teeth. "