Chapter 5

Nevis POV

"Nevis...hey Nevis can you hear me" looking to my right I noticed a pair of green eyes extra close to my face.

"Jeez Maggie why so close" I say as I lean back to put a little space between us.

"Well I been calling your name for like five whole minutes chick, where'd you go" Maggie asked as she places her hand on my forehead.

" You don't feel like you're sick but something is clearly bothering you, what's up?" she asks with genuine concern in her voice.

"I'm just worried about Jade is all. I haven't seen her since the first period and I was just wondering if she was ok" I state.

"Did you not see her as they were peeling her off Amaya" Maggie says laughing as she recalls what happened this morning,

"Jade is clearly not the one you should be worried about" she speaks.

"I know Mags, I just don't want her to get in trouble when she was just trying to defend me" I tell her dejectedly.

"Jade is a big girl Nevis, and when she decided to drag Amaya's ass around the classroom it was her choice and she was ok with that. So you need to be ok with it too" she states clearly.

"I know you're right Mags I just wish she didn't have to fight my battles for me" replying to her.

"I'm always right Nev so stop sulking and let's go" Maggie says to me as she reaches out and pinches my cheeks.

"Uhh..I hate it when you do that" I tell her as i push her hands away from my face.

"I know chipmunk" she teases.

"Alright, alright let's go" i say to her defeated as I grab my bag to leave the class.

As I'm walking to my locker to put my books up for the day, I suddenly get pushed hard from behind.

"Uhh..shit" winching from the impact of the blow as
I fall to the ground and land on both knees with a hard thump.

"Damn that's gotta hurt"  I hear a high pitch voice ring and I automatically know.

Looking up to confirm my suspicion, I see Harper and Kinsley.

Yeah you guessed it, The Minions.

Harper is beautiful, standing at 5'9 with honey blonde hair, green eyes, a small nose and full lips with the body of a model, while Kinsley is just a few inches shorter at 5'7 long dark hair to match her dark eyes her round face and perfect body that attract all the guys in our school.

"What's wrong freak? Your bodyguard not here to save you this time" Kinsley says to me in a fit of laughter.

Looking down, I pick up my things as fast as I can, standing up and hurrying out of there as quickly as my feet could possibly take me.

Behind me I hear Harper telling Kinsley how weak and pathetic I am.

It hurts because I know she's right.

When I make it out of school, I finally feel some relief that one part of this hellish day is over.

"On to part two" I sigh knowing I have to go home soon to be a perfect host or should I say slave for Rebecca's dinner party.

I quickly leave the school knowing I have to pick up my new contact lenses and also grab food suitable enough for the occasion.

Thinking of what to make, that won't get me beaten for trying to deliberately embarrass my stepmother.

Which she always thinks I'm trying to do.

I get lost in my thoughts of what to cook. So much so I didn't realize that I was crossing the street at the wrong time until I heard a horn blaring loudly at me.