Chapter 8

Mathew Wright ^^ up top

⚠️⚠️ TW : Abusive Content

Nevis POV

"When did it get so hot?" feeling the heat against my skin as it causes my hair to dampen and stick to my neck.

A small bead of water starts trailing down my face and disappearing below my chin and into my shirt.

As the heat rises over my skin, I am lost in the raging inferno that's staring back at me.

Rory

"Repeat yourself Snoflinga!"

Not wanting to anger him any more as he looks at me, but I just can't seem to find my voice.

"U..umm" I stutter out as my weight shifts from one leg to the other.

Taking his hands, he grips my shoulders and holds me in place with his attention solely on my face.

Caged in

His eyes are intensely looking at me with sparks and flames igniting within them.

I wonder why they do that?

"Don't get quiet now luv, repeat what you just said!"

You can do this he won't hurt you

"I..I'm getting m..married in five weeks" I whisper ever so softly but he still seems to hear.

"Explain!"

Biting my bottom lip nervously because I am absolutely petrified about how Rory will react to what I'm about to say.

"The day you saved me I went home to make dinner for some guests, Rebecca, my stepmother had invited over. Since she never includes me in anything I was just gonna make the food and leave, but then she told me to go get dressed and come eat with them..."

Stopping to look over at Rory, I see he is still standing in the same spot with his arms folded and stern expression.

Waiting

So with a deep breath and a heavy heart I continue.

"There were these two men there that she introduced me to and then when we all sat down at the table to eat, Rebecca told me that when I turn 18 I am to marry one of them."

This is the first time I've spoken to someone about what happened. I couldn't even bring myself to tell Jade over the past few weeks because I didn't want it to be real.

But now that I've said it out loud, I know that this is my reality.

I have no control over my own life

Putting my head down, so Rory won't see me like this, as the silent tears race from my eyes.

Weak.

With a tug, I feel myself being pulled forward as strong arms wrap themselves around me in a comforting embrace.

"Shhhh Snoflinga there is no need to cry trust me.." Rory states as he pushes me back slightly to look at my face."Because no one will be taking you away from me."

His words comfort and yet confuse me but I don't say anything, I just enjoy the peace his presence brings.

"I don't understand Rory, why do you care if I get married?" I ask him while my face is buried in his chest.

"Didn't I tell you that I'm your future Nevis, and any and every motherfucker who thinks they can take you from me..." He chuckles with a very sadistic smile "Bless his soul."