Chapter 14

Nevis POV

Hearing the curtains roll back and the sun shining brightly, awakens me from my slumber.

Disoriented, I pulled the blanket over my head to hide from the unforgiving light, "Just five more minutes Rebecca." not ready yet to leave my comfortable slumber.

"It's time to get up now babygirl."

"What the?.." I questioned when I heard a deep soothing voice, respond.

That's definitely not Rebecca.

Whipping the covers off of me quickly to discover the man who I thought was only a dream, standing there in all his beautiful glory.

Those eyes that I've missed so much that seem to change with his emotions, his shoulder length hair that's now pulled into a low bun with just the right amount of loose strands framing his masculine features.

Wearing a black t-shirt that shows off his intricate tattoos and well defined chest, black jeans that hugs the muscle in his thighs ever so deliciously, paired with black combat boots and rings on most of his fingers.

He is truly a sight to behold.

"Do you like what you see, babygirl?"

Just like that I was caught staring.

"I-I wasn't...", having no clue how to respond.

"You can look at me all you want, I'm all yours sweetheart."

All mine?..now why would he say that?

"Umm Rory, what's going on? How did I end up here?" My brain still not being able to understand how I'm here now.

"You have many questions, yes? Go freshen up, everything you need is in there." Pointing me to a door, I can only assume is the bathroom."When you're done come down for breakfast and there you can ask your questions."

Knowing soon that some light would be shed on the situation, I rushed to stand to go into the restroom, but I ended up tangled in the sheets, and almost face planting on the hard floor beneath me, but huge hands reached out and caught me pulling me into a hard chest, before I could even give it a kiss.

Note to self: I gotta stop doing that.

"I've got you." Rory's seductive voice whispers close to my ear sending a wave of heat to my cheeks, causing my melanin skin to blush.

Stepping out of his embrace, I scurry off to the restroom, closing the door behind me, not wanting him to see how much he truly effects me.

After a nice hot shower, which I haven't had in over a month, I step out feeling like a human being again. Seeing the towel on the counter, I go to grab it but the image I see in the mirror reflecting back at me causes me to halt all my movements.

Staring at me was a girl I didn't recognize. I've lost a considerable amount of weight, purple and black bruises covered my body, scars and marks are etched into my skin and dull lifeless eyes now reside where crystal baby blues once were.

Overwhelmed by the image eyeing back at me, my sight goes slightly blurry from the tears that form in my ducts but I refuse to let them fall.

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath I remind myself that I am no longer in that monstrous place.

Turning my back on the foreign person in the mirror, I quickly get dressed in the pink crop top and sweater with matching bottoms, and comb through my lifeless hair a bit and tying it into a messy bun at the top of my head. Adding a little bit of makeup to complete the look. I now feel like me again even by a little.