Chapter 3

Nevis outfit ^^

Nevis POV

Beep...beep...beep .."Uhh it's morning already" I groan as I roll over hitting the button to turn off the annoying alarm.

Waking up in the early mornings have become a routine for me since my dad died. If I want to get everything done and leave before my stepmom gets up, I must be up by five AM.

She prefers I "stay the hell out of her sight" her exact words to me any morning she sees me downstairs if Im running late due to one of her beatings from the previous night.

I prefer it this way because it gives me some time alone so I can go undetected when I leave the house to go visit my mom and I secret place under the big tree.

"I will survive the day" giving myself a pep talk before rolling out of bed.

Walking into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I stand in front of the mirror staring into the dull bluish green eyes looking back at me.

"I have to remember to go pick up my contact lens today after school" I say as I continue to stare. After spitting and rinsing I turn to cut on the shower so it can get nice and hot.

After finishing up my morning shower I step out to dry off and start my usual routine. Putting on my light concealer to cover my freckles and placing my dark brown contact lens in to hide my natural eye color. I quickly blow dry my white frosted hair, putting it in a half up half down style with a messy bang and finishing it off with a touch of holding spray.

Yes, its my natural hair color and I have no idea why, I was simply born this way.

I walk out of the restroom and into my closet to choose what Im wearing today. Looking threw my clothes for about five minutes I decide to pull out my light-colored blue jeans with rips going down both legs and a simple peek a boo black halter top that stops right above the navel. I put on my watch, grab my phone and shades and head downstairs to start breakfast for my stepmom and sister.

I decided on bacon and eggs with toast this morning, something simple and quick.

As Im plating the last of the eggs, I hear movement coming from the stairs towards me.

"Umm what's that smell" a deep voice calls out.

"Shit", I didn't know he stayed over last night I say under my breath as the footsteps approach.

"It smells good in here little peach" my spine stiffens as Nash, my stepmom's boyfriend enters the kitchen.

I don't say anything as he starts to move closer to where I'm standing. I'm praying in my head that Rebecca or Amaya comes down soon before anything gets out of hand.

"Did you hear me little peach, I said something smells good" his voice is now directly behind me.

Without moving I say "breakfast is ready would you like a plate?"

"Naw little peach, what I want is in this kitchen but it ain't breakfast" he says as he moves his head closer to my neck.

As I feel his breath growing closer, loud steps and voices start to near us. This makes him stop his actions and take a few steps back.

I finally release the breath I was holding, thankful for the interruption

"Double shit" now realizing I stayed to long in the kitchen because Rebecca was the first to enter and look at me with total disgust.

"Morning" I say knowing she wont respond.

Amaya enters the kitchen quickly behind her mom, as she walks by me, she purposely bumps her shoulder into mine as she passes.