The Basilisk

(Clothes on the top or the side. You know the drill. Just kidding.)

It was like rushing down a endless, slimy, dark, long slide. I could see more pipes going off in different directions. In front of me, I could hear Ron screaming his head off. Then, I went face first onto the ground. Lockgit was getting to his feet, covered in slime and white as a ghost.

"We must be miles below the school." I said, breaking the awkward silence. I then waved my wand and my clothes changed. Don't judge, I don't want to be covered in slime while I'm down here. Thank you, Hermione, for teaching me how to do that.

"Under the lake, probably." Ron said.

Harry and I pulled out our wands and said "Lumos!" And light came out of the tip of our wands. We started down the tunnel with Lockgit following us.

"Remember, any sign of movement, close your eyes straight away." I said.

I stepped forward and I heard a loud crack under my foot. I lowered my wand to the floor and I saw what looked like a cat's skull. I put a hand over my mouth and looked away.

"Poor cat." I whispered.

"Harry, Ally, there's something up there." Ron said, grabbing my wrist.

"Get off!" I whisper yelled and he put his hand on Harry's shoulder.

We stopped and looked closely at the thing that is in front of us up ahead. I saw an outline of something huge and curved, lying right across the tunnel. It didn't move at all.

"Maybe it's asleep." I suggested.

I walked up to it and put my wand close. The light from my wand ran over some snake skin. I jumped but kept on looking. I don't think this is the Basilisk, I think the Basilisk has shed. The Basilisk must be at least 20 feet long.

"Blimey." Ron said. I bent down and touched the snake skin.

"Get up." I heard Ron say.

I opened my little purse I have with me and pulled out the knife Just stole from the kitchen and cut off a piece of the Basilisks' skin. I put the skin and the knife back into the small purse and got up. I then heard a loud crash and I saw Harry on the ground beside me, ducking for cover. I turned around and saw a wall of stone. Where is Ron and Lockgit?

"Ron?! Are you alright? Ron!" Harry yelled.

"I'm here! I'm ok! This git's not, though! He got blasted by the wand!" Ron yelled back.

What just happened?

There was a thud and a loud "ow!" It sounded like Ron kicked him.

"What now? We can't get through! It'll take ages!" Ron yelled.

"Wait there! Wait with Lockhart! Me and Ally will go on! If we're not back in an hour..." Harry said.

"I'll try to shift some of this rock. So you can get back through." Ron yelled back.

"See you in a little while." I yelled.

We walked up to some stone snakes carved in the wall and Harry said something in Pareseltoung. The door opened and we walked in. I walked in first and looked around. It was very dark and there was a lot of snake statues along the walls of the Chamber. We walked further, looking at the statues, because we thought that they were following us. I saw a lump on the ground and a lot of red hair on it.

"Ginny!" Harry mumbled and we ran towards her.

"Ginny, please wake up. Don't die, please just wake up." I said.