Oneshot No. 468 (1103 Words)

GEORGES PERSPECTIVE:

Dream's been preparing for this massive party he's throwing. It's an annual thing for him and his friends, which is all of Orlando. He throws it every year, and every year he outdoes himself. It's 7 am, morning of the party, and I walked downstairs to see Dream in sweats ordering around security and DJ's putting in strobe lights and a setup like that outside.

"Dream, it's 7 in the morning and there's already like 50 people in this house," I say, walking down the stairs.

He turns around and looks at me, "I know, I know. I'm just telling security where I need them at, setting up the DJ-"

"At 7am?!"

"It's actually 7:49, so it's basically 8, which is basically 9," and he basically makes his way to 8pm.

Now it actually is 8pm, and we're all ready for the party. By we, I mean me, Nick, Dream, and his three friends that have been helping him out all day. They're some of his best Orlando friends, and it's a little bit alarming that they're all girls. Adrianna, Giada, and Jayda.

"Only one way to start a party," Dream says.

"What?" I say to him. He grabs a bottle of Malibu and tells all three of the girls to sit at the kitchen counter facing him.

"Body shots." He says. All the girls laugh and agree, but I'm confused.

"What the hell is a body shot?" I ask.

"You'll see."

Dream pours a shot into Adrianna's mouth, then kisses her and takes the shot himself. And just like that, he moves onto Giada. He kisses her and takes the shot himself. Then finally with Jayda. He puts his hand on her face and she puts her hand on his neck whilst he takes the shot. He pulls away after a while.

"Alright. Let's get this party started."

The next morning, I stumble out of the basement guest room. I have no clue why I was down there. I make my way upstairs with a pounding headache to see Jayda halfway down the stairs. She's still got a bottle of beer in her hand, even though the bottom half is smashed across the floor. I can barely walk straight, and I'll tell you the only thing I remember from last night. Dream and Jayda hooking up. I knew once they had a body shot there was something between them, and it was gonna come out tonight. Or last night. I don't know what day it is, I don't even know what the time is, my phone is missing.

"Jayda," I say to her, shaking her awake. "Jayda, wake up." She still has her makeup on, and has her bag on her shoulder as if she was about to go somewhere.

After a while she wakes up and stands up, almost falling down the stairs.

"What the hell?" She says.

"What?" I ask.

"This isn't my bag. Or my dress," she says. Then gasps. "Oh my god, I think I know why I'm wearing this dress. I spilled my drink and I asked some poor girl for her dress, and I guess she never got it back. I don't think she'd want it back, after what Clay and I-"

She looks at me, and gasps.

"Oh shit." She says.

"You slept with him!?" I exclaim.

"George, shut up! He could be around?" She says. "Jesus, you're so loud. But- yes, okay, I did. C'mon, let's go find him."

Within three seconds of looking around, we see Giada splayed across the couch with someone else's sunglasses on.

"Should we..."

"No. No, just leave her. Let her sit in it," Jayda shakes her head.

"Where's Adrianna?" I say, but I turn around to the backyard and she's on one of the pool floaties.  She's somehow in a bikini, who knows when she found the time to chnage, and who knows where it's from because she didn't have swimmers when she came over here last night. And there's no girl in our house that lives here, so no one had a pair around.

"Okay, now, that, we should probably get her," I say. I walk outside and there's about 3 other people that are passed out on the lawn. Jayda wakes them up and tells them to grab a water from the kitchen, and then get out of here. I pull the beak of the flamingo floatie over to the edge of the pool and heave Adrianna off.

"Where is Clay?" Adrianna asks, rubbing the back of her head.

"We have no clue-"

Suddenly, the front door opens. A cop walking in with Dream who is, thankfully, not in handcuffs.

"Um-" I stammer.

"I found your friend here on top of our police department building. He's not in trouble, don't worry, we actually have no clue how he got up there, security cameras showed nothing. He's pretty wasted though, but found his address when we looked him up in the system."

"It's so bright in here," Dream manages, shielding his eyes

"Oh, God, thank you," Adrianna says. Dream plops himself down onto the couch and starts to try fall asleep. The cop welcome s himself in the house and starts walking round.

"Knew it was the party night," he mutters to himself, taking a look at outside. He admires the view, then admires the cups trashed on the lawn.

"What do you mean?" Jayda asks him. Giada and Adrianna go over to Dream whilst Jayda and I talk to the cop. His badge reads 'Wilson.'

Wilson looks at us, "big annual thing. Everyone in Orlando knows about it, especially the cops. We've had big drug busts go down on Mr. cooper's party night. Once a year he throws an absolute ripper of a party. So, once a year, every police officer is surrounding the house or the suburb. People often leave at 12ish, that's when they're already coked up and about to do some stupid shit. So cops stop them. Surprisingly, your friend Clay was clean this year. Nothing on him but alcohol." He tells us.

"Surprisingly?" I ask. Jayda looks confused, too.

"Did you not hear me mention drug busts? We've been working this guy for about 4 years now. He's behind every drug case that goes down on these nights, we just never have the evidence or the warrants to prove it. He's got the best lawyer around."

"You mean he's been arrested before, like, with drug charges?" Jayda asks.

"Once a year. On these party nights. But little shit always gets out of it, and he doesn't even know how."