Oneshot No. 418 (1476 Words)

SAPNAPS PERSPECTIVE:

Dream's Dad left the house three hours ago, it's 4am now. Still pitch black out. He got a call from a random number, and it was A cop calling from the police station. Dream's Dad said that the cop said Dream had gotten in a fight while he was out with mates and whilst Dream did get a little messed up, he ripped the other guy to shreds.

The front door opens, and Dream's Dad practically throws him into the house. If you thought Dream was scary, take a look at his Dad. Same exact face, just older. He's got stubble on his face, messed up knuckles from the amount of fights he's been in, and he's 6'7.

"Get the fuck off me," Dream raises his voice. He's got blood on his jacket and his shirt, but it's only a small amount. The side of his face is a bit scratched up, but his knuckles are genuinely stained with blood. the blood isn't even that dry.

"Dont speak to me like that," his Dad says.

"Fuck you, cunt," Dream says. I look At George and he Looks at me at the exact same time. We both look like we're about to shit ourselves because of what Dream's acting like towards his dad. Even Dream's older sister is fucking terrified of their Dad. Dream told me he's practically never cursed at his dad, no one in his family has. But Dream's dad doesn't even say anything.

Dream throws his jacket onto the kitchen counter, right in front of me and George.

"You're lucky I fucking bailed you out," His dad calls out to Dream whilst he heads upstairs.

"It's not like I fucking wanted you to! I'd rather go to fucking jail then stay in this shithole with you!" Dream shouts.

"Clay, go to bed. You're tired, you're angry, you're high as shit and you're fucking wasted." His dad says, trying to keep calm.

"Dream, if you don't wanna talk to him we'll talk to you when he leaves," George says.

"If he leaves. Fucking meth head... just a fucking freeloader... barely even my fucking dad," Dream mutters, slamming his door.

"Little shit," His dad mutters. He looks angry, but then he looks upset.

"What's wrong...?" I ask, gently. George looks at Dream's jacket.

"He's starting to scare me." His dad says. George and i look at each other. "You know- when he was a kid, only 10 or so... he was- he was so perfect. Wouldn't hurt a fly. And then-- I don't know, he just changed. When... when he was about 12. I'm sure you two know, but, he started just- skipping school, getting in trouble with the law, he got arrested and- it only got worse."

"What do you mean it only got worse?" I ask.

"He told us that by the time he was, like, 14, he was fine, back to normal ever since," George says.

"No. Ohh.. no. He only got worse. 14 he was doing hard drugs. Started drinking, we didn't know where he was half the time, just had to pray he would come back. God forbid he ever answered his phone, we couldn't reach him. His little sister was terrified of him, so was his little brother. Honestly.. so was his older sister. The days he did come back home, we had to just pray and pray he wouldn't be in a bad mood. He was in juvie for 6 months for assault. Came back- nothing changed. Went for 1 year for drug use and possession and assault. Tried to celebrate his 16th birthday when he came back, didn't even come home that night. Went straight back out. Got arrested that same night, he spent 12 weeks in a halfway house after that. Another 6 months for assault in juvie. It was just fight after fight after fight. And it- it scares me. And it worries me and I just can't have him back in that state."

"It's gonna be okay. This is just a bump in the road. He'll be okay," George soothes.

"It's just- he doesnt get sad- he gets angry. And it's worse. And it won't be safe for you two boys here."