Oneshot No. 416 (4896 Words)

CONTEXT: Dream's 15 year old daughter is a professional ice skater. She's training for nationals currently, and if she comes first she could go to the Olympics and be the youngest participant ever so it's very very very important. She's a twin and her brother is Jake.

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

Jules walks in the front door. It's about 11pm. She has all her ice skating gear in her bag and is holding her skates in her hand.

"Hey, you're home late," I say. I take her stuff off her hands and put them down by the couch. She hugs me, and huffs.

"Yeah. I was training and then my coach called me off the ice, told me I have to redo my whole routine," she mutters. She goes to the fridge to get food and I sit down at the kitchen  counter.

"What?! Why?" George asks, coming down the stairs with Nick.

"Because I'm getting a partner for it now. So I don't get a solo anymore. And he is such a dick." She says. George and Nick come sit down beside me.

"Why?" I ask.

"I was doing a Lutz jump. Easily one of the hardest skills. You have to start on your inner foot, skate backwards, turn around and jump and in the jump you have to spin three times, then you have to land on your outer foot, and spin back to where you started. I was wearing my actual uniform, so I had tights and shorts on underneath, but obviously when you do a jump your skirt comes up a little."

This is her uniform:

"I already dont like where this is going," I say

"And my partner, Nate, was like 'view would've been better without the shorts on' and my coach LAUGHED." She exclaims. "He fucking laughed with Nate, so I took a break, and started taking my skates off and Nate was like 'oh wow are you seriously mad about what I said? Don't be so sensitive. I wouldntve said that if you weren't wearing that, so maybe next time wear something more conservative.' What the fuck?!"

My jaw is practically on the ground.

"And this is your partner for your routine?!" Nick exclaims.

"Yes! And I don't think I can switch because Nationals is in three weeks. I just have to cop it. He'll be my partner for one routine, and that's it. The scores are individual, so he could get a 5 whilst I could get a 10, top the competition, and go to the Olympics."

Jake comes down the stairs, muttering somehting under his breath.

"Can you guys shut the fuck up? Why are you all so loud?" He complains.

"Just go back to sleep," Jules says.

"Well, no, 'cus I'm awake now," he says, shoving past Jules and looking in the fridge.

"Can you not push me?!" She pushes him back.

"Dad, Jules pushed me!" Jake complains.

"He pushed me first!" She argues.