Oneshot No. 417 (312 Words)

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

I wake up in the hospital. It's dark outside. George and Nick are here.

"Oh my god, you're awake," Nick lets out a sigh of relief. George and Nick hug me, but I'm very confused.

"What?" I say. "Why am I here?"

George and Nick look at each other.

"Dream... you got hit by a car," George says. "You're in hospital."

"No, I wasn't. I was almost home, I remember walking into the house and saying hi to you guys and- and- and then I went to my room and I fell asleep, because it was late," I say. I remember it. It was only today, a few hours ago, sun was just setting.

"Dream that- that never happened. You got hit by a car in downtown Orlando. It's Saturday, you've been in here since Wednesday completely passed out," Nick says.

They're lying. This is a prank. It's a joke.

"Haha, very funny. Where's the cameras?" I say.

"Dream, we aren't kidding." George says. I notice him and Nick's eyes are a bit red and puffy, and there are lots and lots and lots of cards and flowers and teddy bears scattered around the room neatly.

"For this prank you should've at least gotten a fake nurse or something. This is so dumb," I say. I go to sit up, but instantly it hurts. "Shit!" I exclaim quietly. I lift the bottom of my shirt and see a massive scar covered in clear bandages. Well... at least my abs are still there. But I guess they aren't lying.

"So- so this isn't a prank?" I say.

"Dude- no. You were hit by a drunk driver at around 9:00pm. You were walking to your car after hanging out with your sister. You would've died if someone hadn't called the cops." George says.

"Who was the driver?" I ask.

"Your dad."