Oneshot No. 462 (1296 Words)

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

I'm on my jet with Tina, Karl, Quackity, George, Nick, and my girlfriend Kelsey. We're on our way to Fiji.

It feels great. Just going because you wanted to. Wearing nice clothes and drinking nice champagne with your best friends and your soulmate.

Soon enough, we've landed. We got here at, like, 9am, and wasn't tired at all. The UV was 10, so we decided to rent a massive yacht for the three weeks we're here and get it sent out to the huge mansion we've booked for this whole holiday.

It pulls up to our dock and Quackity insists he can drive the boat. He kind of can, I guess. We grabbed snorkels, maybe too many drinks, brought our nic, huge speakers, portable chargers, food, and just took off like that. Quackity took us to some stable waters and we just chilled. We've only been out here for, like, an hour or so, but we're not bored at all.  It's about 11am.

Karl and Tina are on the bottom deck, pretty sure theyre cooking some food, or just prepping some platters. George, Nick, and Quackity are all taking turns jumping off the second deck of the boat, pushing each other in and splashing around in the water.

Kelsey and I are alone on the third, the top, deck, and there's a bunch of seating here. We've simply layed on a towel in the middle of the deck and have just been laying with each other. We've been talking, listening to the music we're blasting out for everyone in the world to hear, it's that loud, beer in my hand and champagne in hers. She's cuddled up to me, her in an overly expensive bikini I bought her and me in simple cheap swim trunks.

I haven't checked my phone since we got on the jet, and I couldn't care less. I have no problems in the world. I'm in Fiji, flew in on my own private jet, have people catering to us when we get back to our air bnb, whenever we want, with my soulmate , my best friends, and anything I could ask for.

I gently run my hand through Kelsey's dark brown hair. I look to the side, to see the ocean, and see dolphins super close to the boat. Like, right next to George , Nick and Quackity , and whales in the far distance. The water is almost perfectly clear, you can see everything.

"I love you," Kelsey says, gently.

"I love you more," I say to her. We keep on talking, when a few minutes later, I feel my phone buzz beside me repeatedly. Someones calling me, but the sun is so bright I csnt read the name. I try to ignore it, because I want to stay in the moment, but it's so irritating.

"Answer it, it's okay," Kelsey says. I sigh. I kiss her forehead, stroke her hair and sit up right. Kelsey sits up and grabs another drink.

"Sorry," I say to her, picking it up. "Hello?" I say into the phone. I couldn't read the name, the sun was shining on my phone.

"Clay, where are you?" It's my older sister. Only older by a year.

"I'm in Fiji with Kelsey and my friends," I say to her. "I thought you knew."

"Shit, uhm, uh- is Tina there?" She asks.

"What? Tina?" I'm only surprised because that's so random. I don't think her and Tina have ever talked before.

"Is she there?!"

"Yes, she's here, why?"

"Put her on the phone."

"Dude, tell me why," I say. "Or I won't put her on the phone."

"I think she's talking to this guy, and he's not a good person. He's gonna break her heart, put her on the phone right now."

"Don't tell me she's talking to-"

"Kenny South," my sister and I say in sync. She goes on, "yep. So put her on the fucking phone."

Kenny South is a very infamous name in my area of town, or at least anyone in Orlando around the same age range as me. He screws girls over and leaves them struck everytime, and he'll play with their hearts so badly that one girl completely moved states. Moved to North Dakota or something. But, she was super messed up after that. Went crazy, I guess. He's got a real type, too. Short, dark hair, and sweet. Every single girl. No one really likes Kenny, but girls go for him every time. He makes sure he brags about it, too, and I can only imagine the way he'll try to flex Tina.

"I- okay, okay. Kels, where's Tina?" I ask Kelsey.

Kelsey stands up and looks around. She uses her hand to block the sun, even though she's wearing one of my caps.

"She's downstairs with Karl," Kelsey says. I walk downstairs, still have my beer in my hand, and make my way around the boat whilst 'Infrunami' by Steve Lacey blasts.

I slip past George, who tries to soak me with water. I cant help but giggle, and my sister yells at me to stop messing around.

"Tina!" I call out, as she's posing for pictures that Karl is taking.

"Yeah?" She says, looking over at me. She walks over, so does Karl.

"My sister needs to-"

"Tina!" Kelsey shouts from the top deck. "You are NOT going out with Kenny South!" She yells. Tina frowns, eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm... gonna call you back," I say to my sister, and hang up.

"Wh- what? How do you know that?" Tina asks, running up the stairs to the top deck. Everyone kind of makes their way up there.

"What's going on?" Nick says, ruffling his hair with a towel. Kelsey and Tina are talking but we can't hear them over the music. All the boys and I just linger on the top deck waiting for them to stop talking. They're both talking whilst sitting on the deck, legs crossed like they're kids in a classroom. Tina looks like she's starting to freak out a little bit.

"Guys, go away," Tina says, leaning forward to hear Kelsey better. I shrug and head downstairs with all the guys.

"What's fhat about?" Quackity asks.

"Yeah," George chimes.

"Tina's apparently talking to this guy, who really fucks girls over. He's known for it," I explain. "I don't know anything else though."

"Tina, stop. Don't be stupid," I can hear Kelsey say on the top deck. I tell the guys to shut up so we can hear them.

"Look, Kels. I think Kenny really likes me. I'm not gonna ruin that just because some girls from your area think he's a heart breaker. And- maybe that's the best I'll get. Not everyone strikes gold like you. You've got this attractive, rich boyfriend who's taken you on his yacht right now with your best friends. We flew here on his jet, we're spending his money. I might not get that. And I don't wanna settle down, obviously, yet, but maybe this is as good as it gets for me. And if it's with Kenny, I'm okay with that." Tina says.

The guys look at me. It's kind of awkward now. Why did I have to be brought into it?

"Clay has nothing to do with this, my relationship has nothing to do with this okay. Tina, you're a beautiful beauitful girl, Kenny doesn't deserve you. Please, for your own need, stop talking to him."

"I-" Tina stammers. "I'll think about it." She quickly scurries doenstairs, Kelsey coming down slowly behind her to the middle deck, where we all are.

"Can we go back now?" Tina asks Quackity. I catch Nick kind of scoffing. He walks downstairs with George. Karl glances over at me.

"I- I guess, yeah."