Oneshot No. 399 (662 Words)

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

George, Nick and I are sat down on the lounge watching some movies. George is shielding his eyes the whole time, because we're watching horror movies, but Nick tries to act like he's not about to piss himself.

Then, someone knocks on the door.

I look over, and pause the movie.

"Who the hell is coming over here at 11pm?" Nick asks. George pulls his hands from his eyes.

"Did we order food or something?" George asks.

"No, I don't think so," I say, getting up and walking over. I unlock the door and open it.

It's Blair, my ex from, like, a year ago. Well... we actually hooked up a month or two ago and we slept together, but we didn't tell anyone or any of our friends because it's just awkward. We were both wasted and just happened to be at the same party one night. Nick and George know that Blair is my ex, though.

"Blair- what are you- what are you doing here?" I choke out.

Blair has tears streaming down her eyes, her mascara running. She doesn't say anything, just runs into my arms and hugs me, sobbing. I hug her, too, one hand on her back whilst I stroke her hair.

"It's okay," I whisper to her, though I have no idea what is going on.

Nick and George have met Blair, and they get along quite well, so they come over to her, too.

"No, Clay, it's not okay, you don't even know what's happening-" she stammers, still bawling her eyes out.

"You need to talk to me," I say to her. "Why are you crying?"

She pulls away from my chest and she takes a few deep breathes, sitting down.

"George, Nick, I love you both but I really just need to speak to Clay," she says, wiping her eyes but her voice is hiccuping.

Nick and George nod. George pats her shoulder lightly as the two of them walk by and go upstairs.

"What's going on?" I say to Blair.

She takes a big, deep, breathe.

"It's ok. Take your time," I soothe.

"So," she starts, her hiccuping voice returning to normal, but a bit shaky. "My period was late, like, a week ago-"

Oh my god.

I try to stop my heart from racing.

"And I didn't think anything of it, because, like- whatever, but I took a pregnancy test, like, an hour ago and it was positive-" she starts bawling her eyes out.

I put my head in my hands, and just sit there. I don't look at her. I just sit there with my head in my hands.

"For fucks sake," I mutter.

"Clay, please, don't be mad-" she chokes out.

"Blair, do you think I'm gonna be fucking jumping with joy about this?" I say, looking at her.

"Well I'm not either, Clay! I'm fucking pregnant-"

"Did you sleep with anyone else?!"

She shakes her head. "It was just you."

BLAIRS PERSPECTIVE:

Clay gets up without another word and grabs a bottle of vodka. He grabs a whole cup and chugs a cup of it. He slams the glass down, almost shattering it. I flinch a little. I try to go up to him.

"Clay, I'm sorry, i-"

"Sorry doesn't matter. I'm not-" he sighs. "I'm not mad at you. But you can't expect me to be happy about this. We're 22. I don't want a kid."

"I'm not happy either, but I don't know what to do, Clay," I whisper, looking down at the floor.

Clay reaches for my hand, "if you want to keep the baby, I will be by your side and help you raise it. I'm not going to leave you in the dark, I cannot imagine how terrible you would feel. If you want to get an abortion, I'll be there with you holding your hand. Though it's also my baby, it's your body. You can choose what you want to do."