Oneshot No. 441 (1158 Words)

TW: Suicide

TOMMYS PERSPECTIVE:

A few days ago, 5 or 6, Dream was found dead. He overdosed on a lot of different things, and no one knew where he was for 2 days. Then, after a police search and the K-9 unit being brought in and everyone praying he was alive, he was found in the woods. It was declared a suicide based on how he's been the past few months. He didn't leave a note. George and Nick are the most hurt, of course after his family. It doesn't really feel real.

Im at a CC event with a lot of other creators, and everyone was kind of shocked when they saw George and Nick where here. I walk over to them.

"Hey," I say.

The pair turn to me, but don't say anything.

"How- um- how have you been?" I ask.

"Busy," George says. He goes to walk away with Nick, but I stop him.

"Oh, with what?" I ask, smiling, trying to keep conevrsation going,,.

"We're- um, organising something," Nick manages.

"Do you need any help? I can help you-"

"It's his funeral, Tommy. We're organising his funeral. Can you just- can you leave us alone?" George half-whispers.

"I'm sorry, I just wanna help. I wanna be involved-"

"Well believe it or not but his death has nothing to do with you. For once, it's not all about you. Can you not understand that?" George snaps at me. "Go hang out with Wilbur or whatever. Leave us alone. We don't even wanna be here."

"Then go home," I say, with a bit of an attitude.

"I cant be left alone with my thoughts," Nick says, stepping in. "Have some sympathy."

"You guys are acting like you're the only ones affected by this," I say, raising my voice a little. People start to look over. "He was my friend too, I'm trying to be sympathetic."

"Everything has to be about you, doesn't it? He's fucking dead, and here you are. Grow the fuck up, Tommy, you're not a child." George barks back.

"He wasn't your brother, you didn't grow up with him, he was NOT your bestfriend." Nick yells .

Karl and Quackity comes over, quickly. Quackity pulls me away, and Karl pulls the others away. I can hear George start getting very upset, Whilst Nick goes to the bathroom. Foolish sees, sighs, walks in after him and starts to console him. Then the door closes. we're in a kind of private area, no one is really close to us but can see us from afar.

"Tommy, stop," Quackity says. "I know you're mad, but look at what they're going through. Dream was Nick's brother. He was George's best friend. Give them a break."

"I-  I am, but they're not the only one's upset. I'm- I'm upset too!" I exclaim. Quackity sighs, he turns me to look at George, who's practically collapsed into Karl's arms in sobs and tears.

"I miss him," George cries through pure sobs.

"I know, I know," Karl repeats, sitting George down.

"They're affected more. You have every right to be upset, but understand that they're going to hurt more."

The next day, I'm driving to George and Nick's house. I feel bad, and I wanna apologise, but I don't wanna do it over text. But I also don't want to knock on the door, just in case they get even more mad at me for coming over.

I pull up to their security gate, and tell them I'm a friend of theres. Of course, they have to check with George and Nick. I'm waiting for the security to give me the all clear.

"Entrance confirmed, bring him in," someone says on the guards radio. They open the gate, and I drive up to the front.

It's a massive house. This is the first time I've ever been here, and it's an absolutely huge mansion. It's modern, the colour scheme being white, and grey with accents of dark wood every now and then. There's a lot of glass and windows and open space, and I take a look down a built in hill. It goes into their garage, and I can see at least 5 Supercars down there. A security guard asks me if i want him to take my car to the valet, but I insist it's fine. I get out of my car and feel tiny compared to this house.

I knock on the front door, and it takes them a minute or two to answer. George opens the door. He looks, in the nicest way possible, like a mess. Clearly hasn't been sleeping, his hair is a bit messy, clothes are wrinkled, and he just overall looks upset. I notice there's some boxes of stuff behind him, like he's moving things.

"Hey, George," I say.

"What do you want, Tommy?" He runs a hand through his hair, sighing.

"Um, I just wanted to say I'm- I'm really sorry for what I said to you yesterday. I was being a dick. But I understand that even if I'm upset, you're clearly going to be more upset. He was your best friend. Im really sorry. I hope you can forgive me," I say, quietly.

George huffs. "It's okay." He says. He hugs me, and I hug him back. He sniffles a little.

"Come inside," he says, opening the door up more.

I walk in, and it's an incredible house. The floors are all marble, everything is clean and tidied apart from the boxes in the middle of the room.

"What are these?" I ask. George looks upset.

"Nick and I, um-" he stammers. As he takes a breath in, his breath Is shaking. "We're- we're cleaning out Dream's room." He sniffles, nodding. He wipes his eyes a little.

"Oh, George I'm- I can leave and come back later, if you're- if you're busy-"

"No, no. I'm not busy. I had to stop. I couldn't keep cleaning out his room." He whispers, wiping his eyes again. He takes me to Dream's room. As I open the door, a little bit of dust kicks up in front of me. The curtains are silky and flowy as the wind blows, and his bed is still a little bit messy.

"I feel guilty," George says quietly. I turn to look at him. He's looking down at the floor.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Maybe if I had just-" he stops himself to take a breath. I already know what he's gonna say. "Maybe if I had just talked to him- what if He felt like no one cared?" George starts to break down into tears and sobs. Immediately, I sigh and hug him. "What if I could've saved his life?"

"George, stop," I say, still hugging him. He slowly hugs me back.

I continue. "It sounds bad, but- you can't save anyone. They have to save themselves. And some people just... were too far deep."