Oneshot No. 433 (1031 Words)

Part 2 of the kylie + Dream oneshot

GRACES PERSPECTIVE:

I love having famous, rich parents.

It was my 15th birthday two days ago, and I just got back from spending it in the Maldives.

I walk in the house, it's about 5pm, just carrying my carry-on back because I made George and Nick bring in my suitcase, even thought they didn't come on the trip with us.

Once everyone's back in the house, I go straight to the fridge, I'm starving.

"Gracie," my dad says. "There is actually one more present we have for you. George and Nick also helped us with it, so remember to thank them too, okay?"

"Okayyy," I say, turning around.

"Put this blindfold on," Mom says, handing me a blindfold. I wrap it around my eyes and she ties it for me. I can hear my Dad go around the back of the house, and a few seconds later he comes back. It's not an animal, because it's dead silent.

"Kyls, bring her around here," my Dad says.

"Watch your step," Mom says, bring me around to the living room. "Okay, sit doen, the couch is behind you," she says. Hesitantly, I sit down.

"I'm scared!" I squeal. I can hear George giggle.

"Okay, take the blindfold off," Dad says. I feel him put something onto my lap, and I flinch, immediately taking the blindfold off.

GEORGES PERSPECTIVE:

Grace's jaw drops, and she immediately tears up, looking at her puppy in front of her. The dog looks like fhis

She wipes her eyes, and the dog adores her already

She wipes her eyes, and the dog adores her already. It's teeny, but will be absolutely huge.

An hour or so later, we're out the back sitting by the fireplace. The fire is contained, so we let the dog, Missy, run around.

"You have to promise to take care of her, okay?" Dream says, looking at Grace who's playing with Missy and one of her toys.

"I will, I swear," she says, flicking her blonde hair over her shoulder. She throws the toy to the garden and runs off to play with Missy on the grass.

"She looks exactly like you right now," I say, looking at Kylie, and then back at Grace.

"I always thought she looked like her Dad," Nick says.

"No, it's just the hair colour and the eyes. Her face is exactly like Kylie's." I argue back. Grace picks up Missy, holds her like a baby in her arms, and comes back over.

"Missy, look," Grace says quietly. "Who do you like the best?" She asks, putting Missy down.

Missy runs immediately over to Kylie and Dream. Dream laughs, so does Kylie. Kylie picks her up.

"Nah, nah, nah, cus we stayed here for a week whilst you were in Maldives and we were taking csre of that dog. She just met you guys!" I exclaim.

"Well, she likes mom and dad better," Grace says, going and standing beside her mom and dad.

"Mom and dad win again," Dream shrugs, getting up. He takes Missy from Kylie, gently.

"Yeah yeah, whatever," Nick mutters, getting up too. We all head back inside and the security team puts the fire out.

Dream holds Missy up, and she gives him a kiss. He scrunches his face up when she does.

"Are you kidding? She already needs a wash. She reeks of smoke, now," he says. He gives her a kiss on her head, then puts her down.

"Okay, Grace, it's getting a bit late. Why don't you go up, take Missy's bed and some of her treats and we'll get her to start sleeping in your room." Dream says.

"What if she needs to use the bathroom?" Grace asks.

"Leave your bathroom door open," he says.

"Okay. Goodnight, guys. Thank you for Missy!" Grace says, picking Missy up. Grace is only a small girl, and she struggles to pick the dog up, but she manages. She takes Missy's bed up with her, and goes into her room.

"Are any of you nervous about this dog?" Kylie asks.

"Not particularly. Why?" I ask.

"Can grace handle a dog? She's not really used to taking care of things herself," Kylie says.

"I mean, yeah, she's been heavily assisted with things in her life, but she's wanted a dog since she was little-"

Kylie cuts Dream off, "she still IS little."

I whisper to Nick whilst Kylie and Dream look at each other.

"I think they're gona have an argument," I whisper.

"Same. Getting a little bit worried." He whispers back.

"She hasn't been assisted in her life, she's had everything done for her," Kylie says.

"She won't be taking care of a dog all on her own. And, even if we barely help her with it, it'll teach her, you know, a lot of responsibility. She's not a kid-"

"You're not listening," Kylie huffs.

"No, I'm not, cus I keep getting cut off by you. Let me speak. She's not a kid anymore, and she has to learn how to take care of things by herself."

Kylie sighs, holds Dreams hand. "Clay. She IS a kid. And I know that- that you may not see it that way, because you were acting 25 by 15. You had to take yourself and your siblings to school, and had to take care of your siblings like they were your own kids by that age. And you had to make food for them, you had to supply for them, because your parents couldn't." Kylie looks around, looks at Nick and I, then back at Dream. "But you have to also understand that- that it's not like that for every kid. And especially not for our kid, who's grown up with security taking her out to places, and- and Universal shutting down the whole place just for her and her friends to go. Grace is given things. You had to work for them. That's why I'm so worried about this. She's gonna expect that the dog gets fed three times a day. And she's gonna expect that the water bowl will always be filled, and she's gonna get security to walk the dog- she's never taken care of soemthing by herself."