Oneshot No. 425 (3208 Words)

SAPNAPS PERSPECTIVE:

Dream got put in jail two months ago for assault and battery against non other, than George. I know.

We were out and I don't even know how it happened. Dream had been drinking, and to be fair, George was being real smart with him. Getting him fired up. Out on the streets, at around 1am, George made a comment on the way Dream behaved when he was young, getting involved in drugs and alcohol.

Dream snapped and knocked George out, kept punching him till he got partially blinded in his left eye, broke his nose and his jaw, broke two of his ribs And fractured his collarbone. Cops were nearby luckily, and tackled Dream down.

Turns out Dream had an arrest out for him for another case of assault, drug usage and drug possession. He then resisted arrest and got another charge for assaulting a state officer. He pleaded guilty, because there was 100% proof of everything. Because he pleaded guilty though, he got a sentence of 2 years and 9 months instead of 3 and 7 months.

George doesn't want to go see Dream, but I'm bringing him along anyway. I'm also bringing Drista, because I want Drista to understand that even though Dream is who she looks up to, she cannot go down the same path he is. She's at the same age Dream started getting involved in this type of stuff, and I know she looks up to him. He's her idol, her big brother.

We get patted down before going in to see him. We have to go through a countless amounts of security measures, but eventually, we get to see him.

Drista bolts over to him, and hugs him as tight as she can. George sits down, but after Drista hugs Dream, he hugs me. The four of us sit down and start talking.

"You forgot someone," I say, looking at George. George doesn't look impressed.

"I know," Dream says.

"Uniforms not that bad," Drista says, changing the subject immediately. It's just light blue sweatpants and a white short sleeve underneath a light, faded, red jumper. But some other people are wearing red jumpers.

"Why are some people wearing blue but you only a few are wearing red?" I ask.

"That's the honours group. So, every month or so, someone will get a red jumper instead of blue to show that they've been really good the past few weeks. Comes with little perks like once a month you get outside food. Like, from fast food places," Dream explains. "We call them reds. Like, Twine, over there has a red, that's why he gets to show his room to the people visiting, and he can have visitors whenever and for however long he wants. Most people lose their reds within a week of having them. It also takes two weeks off your sentence," he says.

"His names Twine?" I ask.

"No, it's his last name. First names aren't a thing in here. I haven't been called Clay once, not even by guards. Always Cooper."

We talk and talk, and eventually we only have 30 minutes left. George hasn't said anything

"Are you treated well in here?" Drista asks.

"Oh, yeah. Honestly, only bad thing in here is the showers. Never felt more anxiety than having a prison shower. But other than that, it's been fine. Especially getting my red."

"Surprisingly," George says. Drista immediately looks nervous.

"I don't know why you're here. You clearly do not want to see me," Dream looks at George.

"I don't know why I'm here either, because I don't wanna see you."

"Well, fortunately, you can barely see anymore, so," Dream shrugs, smiling very lightly.