Oneshot No. 429 (563 Words)

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

I come home, very happy, to see George and Nick in the living room. There's a pizza box on the coffee table, and I walk over.

"Guys, I asked out Natasha, I'm going out with her tomorrow night!" I exclaim. Nick looks thrilled, and he gasps in excitement.

"Ooh!" He says, grinning. I chuckle at him.

"You're- you're dating her?" George clears his throat. I take off my jacket, and look at him confused.

"Yeah, George. She's my girlfriend."

"Like... a girl that's a friend or you're- like- you're dating her-"

"I'm dating her, George. Are you okay...?" I ask, tilting my head slightly. He gets up. And starts to walk away. I follow him, slowly.

"Okay, but is it just casual or-"

"What?"

"Nothing. forget it." George says, he picks up his pace, heads for the stairs.

"George, why are you acting so weird?" I ask. I look over at Nick, who looks very nervous.

"I'm not." George argues bacm

"Yes, you are, George!" I cant help but laugh and smile a bit. Either he is unbelievably clueless, or something is seriously wrong.

"I'm not!" He shouts. I stop laughing. He's furious.

"Jesus, what's up your ass today?!"

"I just- i wish you were gay!" George suddenly blurts out.

There's a long silence. George looks down, sighs, closes his eyes. Then, quickly, he goes upstairs.

Im frozen still. What do I do in this moment? Do I talk to him? Act like it never happened? Tell Tina and Karl and Quackity? Tell him I'm straight?"

Suddenly, my recollection is shattered by Nick patting my back.

"Night, Dream. See you in the morning. Love you."

The next morning, as soon as I walk out of my bedroom, George walks out at the exact same time. Quickly, I put my shirt on as he walks down the stairs. He doesn't even look at me.

"George, stop," I say, calling out to him.

"I'm not doing anything," he mumbles.

"We need to talk," I argue back.

"Nothing to talk about."

"What about the elephant in the room?"

"And that is?"

"I'm not gay, George." I say. George freezes halfway to the kitchen.

"Im straight. I'm sorry." I say, quieter.

"Don't, Dream."

"Don't what?"

"Why would you be sorry?"

"Because I feel bad that you- I don't know- you kind of outted yourself to me and Nick. You didn't mean to say that." I stammer. George turns to look at me.

"Nick's known for ages. I told him, like, 6 months ago. In January. I told no one else but him. I thought you would've caught on that i actually liked you by now..." George whispers. "I dont regret telling you, I should've done it earlier. So I don't want you saying sorry or feeling bad. I just want everything to be the way it was last year."

"I dont- i dont get it. I've been talking about Natasha for ages. Didn't you think I was straight?" I ask.

George looks at me. "You can like two genders, Dream."

I guess he really was praying for me to like him back if he could convince himself that even after consistently talking about girl I could've still liked guys .

"I just-" he pauses, sighs. "I just want things to go back to the way they were."

"They can-"

"No, Dream. They can't. Don't play dumb."