Sirius in Flames

When Y/N woke up on Sunday morning, it took him a moment to remember why he felt as though he had a hollow pit in his stomach. Then the memory of the previous night washed over him. Harry Potter had been selected as the fourth Triwizard champion.

Harry was still fast asleep, his curtains drawn and closed, blocking out any threats to his slumber. Y/N looked over to Ron's bed, which was empty. Ron must had already left for breakfast as to avoid another confrontation similar to last night. 

Y/N dressed and went down the spiral staircase into the Common Room, apart from a few people, who asked him where Harry was, it was quiet. Y/N quickly made his way out of the Common Room and down to the Great Hall, where Hermione sat next to Ron, who still had a face of thunder splattered on his face. 

"I'm grabbing Harry some food so he's not hounded the second he wakes up," Y/N said as he began piling a stack of toast in his arms for him, "Either of you coming with me?"

Hermione nodded and took some toast for herself, Ron made a grunting sound and remained where he was. Y/N rolled his eyes at him as Hermione and himself made their way back up to Gryffindor tower.

Just as they made it to the portrait hole however, it swung open, revealing Harry on the other side. He had clearly just woken up, his glasses were n wonky and his hair was all over the place. 

"Hello," said Hermione, grabbing his attention. Harry's eyes fell on the two piles of toast. 

"Want to go on a walk, Harry?" asked Y/N, passing him a slice. 

"Good idea," said Harry gratefully. 

They went downstairs, crossed the entrance hall quickly without looking into the Great Hall, and were soon striding across the lawn towards the lake, where the Durmstrang ship was moored, reflecting blackly in the water. 

It was a chilly morning, so they kept moving whilst munching on their toast. Harry began his story about what happened after he left the Gryffindor table the previous night.

"Well, of course I knew you hadn't entered yourself," said Hermione when Harry had finished. "The look on your face when Dumbledore called out your name! But the question is, who did put it in? Because Moody's right Harry... I don't think any student could have done it. They'd never be able to fool the Goblet, or get over Dumbledore's-"

"Have you seen Ron?" Harry interrupted. 

Hermione hesitated, but Y/N did not. 

"He's sulking because you've taken the attention again," he said bluntly, "he's jealous."

"Jealous?" said Harry incredulously, "Jealous of what? He wants to make a prat out of himself in front of the whole school, does he?"

"Look," said Hermione patiently, "it's always you who gets the attention, you know it is. I know it's not your fault," she added quickly, seeing Harry open his mouth furiously, "I know you don't ask for it... but-well, you know, Ron's got all these brothers to compete against at home, and you're one of his best friends, and you're really famous. He's always shunted to one side when people see you, and he puts up with it, and he never mentions it, but I suppose this is one time too many..."

"Great," said Harry bitterly, "really great. Tell him from he I'll swap anytime he wants. Tell him from me he's welcome to it... People gawping at my forehead everywhere I go..."

"Yeah? Well at least you don't have people spit at you telling you're the son of a monster," spat Y/N nastily, "If you want to tell Ron that, you tell him yourself."

Harry backtracked for a second, "I didn't mean... Look, I'm not running around after him trying to make him grow up! Maybe he'll believe I'm not enjoying it once my neck is broken or-"