Completed Potion and a Mysterious Diary

It didn't take long for the story of Harry Potter being the Heir of Slytherin and Y/N Lynx being some distant relative of Slytherin to spread around the school. 

After the Dueling Club incident, the club was disbanded as quickly as it had begun. After the 'show' that Harry and Y/N put on throughout it, rumours circulated fast around the school and the nature of the attack upon Justin nd Nearly Headless Nick only seemed to boost it. 

The double attack had sent the entire school into a frenzy. Everyone was more freaked out by the attack on Nick, as what could be so strong as to have the ability to petrify a ghost? After the attack, there was a stampede of students signing their names to return home for Christmas. 

"At this rate, it'll be us four and Malfoy for Christmas." said Ron one morning in the Great Hall for breakfast as he shoved another slice of bacon into his mouth. 

"Well, add Crabbe and Goyle to that list as well. They go where Malfoy goes." Y/N said, piling his plate with another sausage and some beans. 

Whilst most students had resorted to giving both Harry and Y/N a wide berth whenever they were passed in the corridor, Fred and George thought this was hilarious, and took matters into their own hands, lifting both of them on their shoulders whenever they saw them, chanting, "make way for the deadly duo! Seriously dangerous Wizards coming through!" 

Y/N took the heat in his stride. At this point he was used to being out casted, but if only Fred and George knew how potentially dangerous he could be when he wanted to. 

The conversations between the Being and Y/N had continued daily, most often happening during night time during his dreams. He had still been unable to think of a name that he found amusing enough to keep, Y/N had once jokingly suggested Zeus, after the Greek god of thunder, but evidentially this was not taken well. 

How dare you! That's nearly as bad as the one your sister came up with for your Owl! Imagine how much of a joke I'd look when you shout out for my help. I'd look egotistical and stupid! No!

You? Look egotistical? Never. Replied Y/N.

Watch it. 

Percy Weasley did not seem to find Fred and George's antics amusing, neither did Ginny, who wailed, "oh stop it!" Every time Fred asked who their next target was, and which one of them had more control over the monster. 

George thought it would be a great idea to try and ward Harry away with a clove of garlic as though he was a vampire. 

Most people seemed to think it was rather funny, especially Y/N, who was already hated by most of the teachers for reasons beyond his understanding. Draco Malfoy, however, found it much less amusing than most. 

"It's because he's dying to say that it's him" said Ron, "you know he hates anyone beating him at anything, and you two are getting all the credit for his work."

"Not for long" said Hermione, smugly, "The potion is nearly ready, we'll be getting the information out of him any day now."

Finally, the term ended, and the snow began to fall upon the Hogwarts grounds. The castle was quieter than Y/N had ever seen it before, with only a few people staying at the castle, it was Y/N, Harry, Hermione and the Weasley's in the Gryffindor common room playing exploding snap very loudly, as the Weasley's had chosen to stay at Hogwarts or another Christmas instead of going with their parents to Egypt to visit Bill. Percy o the other hand, had pompously told them that the only reason he was staying was because it was his duty as Prefect to help the teachers in this 'troubling time'.

The lead up to Christmas flew by very quickly, Y/N and Hermione tended to the Polyjuice potion when it was required, and it didn't take long before Christmas morning was upon them.