Return to the Burrow

For the next twenty minutes, Mrs. Weasley took it upon herself to scold the twins for their reckless behaviour, something about 'Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes'. Even with Harry's insistence that he wasn't complaining at what the twins had done to Dudley, she continued her outburst. During this time, Hermione Granger, one of Y/N's closest friends, and Ginny Weasley, Ron's younger sister, had appeared in the doorway and were watching the confrontation. 

When Y/N locked eyes with Ginny, the two of them grinned at each other. Last year, the two of them had spent countless hours on top of Gryffindor Tower to escape the Ron and Hermione's bickering about her cat, Crookshanks, and Ron's former rat, Scabbers.  Hermione noticed the look and giggled. Y/N looked to Hermione, confused, but she shook her head and turned to Ron instead.

"Why don't you show Y/N and Harry where they'll be sleeping, Ron?" asked Hermione, cutting through Mrs. Weasley's shouts at the twins. 

"They know where they're sleeping," said Ron, missing Hermione's blatant attempt to get the boys to leave, "in my room, they slept there last-"

"We can all go," said Hermine pointedly. 

"Oh," said Ron, catching on, "right!"

"Look you long enough" said Lauren, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, we'll come too!" said George.

"You'll stay right there!" snarled Mrs. Weasley. 

"Come on, let's get out the way before your mum starts on us as well." Y/N remarked as the boys edged out of the room. Once out of the kitchen, the boys, Hermione and Ginny set down the narrow hallway and up the rickety staircase that zigzagged throughout the house to the different levels. 

"What are Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes?" asked Harry as they climbed the staircase. Ron and Ginny laughed, Hermione did not. 

"Mum found this stack of ordering forms whilst cleaning out Fred and George's room," explained Ron quietly, "Great long price list for stuff they've invented. Joke stuff, you know. Fake wands and trick sweets, loads of stuff. It was brilliant, I ever knew they'd been making stuff like that..."

"The amount of stuff they get up too at Hogwarts, and none of you even considered it?" asked Y/N. 

"Well, we've been hearing explosions out of their room for ages, but we never thought they were actually making things," said Ginny, "We just thought they liked the noise."

Y/N scoffed as Ron said, "Only most of the stuff- well, all of it really, was a bit dangerous. And, you know, they wee planning on selling it at Hogwarts to make some money, and Mum went mad at them. Told them they weren't allowed to make anymore of it, and burned all of the order forms... She's furious at them anyway. They didn't get as many O.W.Ls as she was expecting."

Y/N realised that next year, it would be his turn to tackle the O.W.Ls, he thought his grades were good, but he would have to put in quite a few more hours if he wanted to get top marks. 

"And then there was this big row," continued Ginny, "because Mum wanted them to go into the Ministry of Magic like Dad, and they told her all they want to do is open a joke shop."

"At the end of the day, it really is their decision though-" Lauren was cut off by the creak of a door opening, and a face appeared with pair of horn-rimmed glasses and an annoyed expression.

"Hi, Percy," said Harry politely. 

"Oh hello, Harry," replied Percy, regarding everyone with a glance but Y/N and Lauren, his dislike for them last year had clearly not changed, even after being told the truth by his parents. "I was wondering who was making all that noise. I'm trying to work in here, you know. I've got a report to finish for the office, and it's rather difficult to concentrate with people thundering up the stairs."