Forbidden Grounds

"Nothing" started Professor McGonagall after she had taken them into her classroom, "I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, fifty points will be taken."

Draco looked as though he could start singing he was that pleased, Harry however, was much less so, "Fifty?!" he shouted.

"Each" said Professor McGonagall sternly. That was two-hundred points lost for Gryffindor. If Y/N thought he received enough attention as it was already, the amount of points they had just lost would put them all at the top of everyone's list. 

"All five of you will receive detention" 

Malfoy's smile vanished off his face quicker than it had first appeared. Y/N nearly bust out laughing but desperately stopped himself so he didn't lose anymore points for Gryffindor. 

"Excuse me Professor" came Malfoy's droning voice, "I perhaps heard you wrong, I thought you said... the five of us" as though Malfoy had never received punishment for his actions. 

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates." 

Harry, Ron and Hermione all grinned hugely at the realization that Malfoy was in trouble with them, but Y/N wasn't as impressed as they were. 

"If I'm correct Professor, you're punishing four of your Gryffindor's by taking away two-hundred points and giving us detention, which will mean we are all going to be bullied, you're giving the Slytherin only a detention? You're the opposite of Professor Snape!"

Hermione let out a small squeal, utterly shocked by Y/N's tone at his own head of house. 

Professor McGonagall turned sternly towards Y/N and told everyone else to leave her classroom. Ron pulled a face that suggested that Y/N had severely messed up as he walked out. 

"Mr... Lynx. It is late and I am tired of students who think they know better than teachers who have been at Hogwarts for double the length than they have been alive-" But before she cold finish, Y/N cut in.

"One more thing, I don't care what you know about my parents. Who they are or what they did, but looking at me as though you want to murder me on every occasion that you see me could only end one way... with me following in their footsteps."

Y/N desperately hoped his bluff would work.

Professor McGonagall looked as though she had been shot, and she began stuttering out a response, "N-now look here Mr L-Lynx. I don't know what you have heard but your parents are responsible for-" But she stopped herself before she could finish the sentence. It appears, just like Moony had written, that the teachers were also restricted by the Ministry of telling him anything.

"Get out, and go to sleep Y/N, I will let you know about your detention."

Y/N turned and stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him with such force that it echoed around the hall. As he began racing up towards the Gryffindor common room, he began to feel a strange sensation coursing through his body. He looked down to see his right hand sparkling with lightning blue electricity. 

"What the hell is wrong with me?" he asked as he raised his hand to gain a closer look, but as he brought it closer to himself, it fizzed out and his hand returned to normal.

"Who... am I?"

* * * 

The next week was bared with anticipation. The group of five students' detention was scheduled for the Saturday evening, and nobody was looking forward to it. Especially not Harry, as the idea of spending more time with Malfoy annoyed him beyond belief.